Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IO::Socket Module help

IO::Socket Module help

Hello I've been using perl for a few months now and am getting the hang of it real good. I was reading about some modules like IO::socket; but I'm confused how would you go about the module using for various things, like constructing simple program that does password guessing, I just need how the module and how to use it really, and also how or what do you use this arry for @ARGV. I've examined a few scripts and they use that array and also they a extract i don'w know what but its in this form:

$server = $ARGV[0];
    $folder = $ARGV[1];
    $user_id = $ARGV[2];

what does that mean or how do you use it, its giving me a little trouble and I can't find it anywhere in the book im reading.

Hi

The @ARGV[1] array contains the command line parameters.
    Obviously, this is a nice way to have dynamic input into your
    program rather than hard-coding IP addresses of the target
    system.

The IO::socket module is well documented[2]. Examples always
    are useful, like a simple HTTP-implementation[3] or a basic
    client-server application[4]. You seem to intend to write a weak-
    password tester, although I have the impression, this is just kind
    of a "motivation" for you to learn PERL networking. In any case:
    Be careful where and how you use it. Make sure you have the rights
    to do so and remember, these (often pointless) tests are easily detected.

Cheers.

[1] http://www.devdaily.com/perl/edu/qanda/plqa00001.shtml
    [2] http://www.scriptsolutions.com/progr...IO%3A%3ASocket
    [3] http://www.osix.net/modules/article/?id=441
    [4] http://www.perlfect.com/articles/sockets.shtml
    If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.
    (Abraham Maslow, Psychologist, 1908-70)

Thanx

Hey Sec

Yea man thanx alot for the help it really opened my eyes, and don't worry I totally have permission to test because I'm testing on my own computer. I have a small 2 computer LAN at my house, and I just want to be an all around good programmer, that' s where my questions and my future questions are gonna coming from.

and those links you gave were very helpful.
    Man dude this just totally clicked in my head, after reading fromt he first suggested link,lol, I can't believe I couldn't figure that out.

Thanx Man for you help.

Correct

The program is about weak passwords, like dictonary attacks, and your correct I am doing for movitation to learn as much as I can about networking w/ perl. But I still need some help with on how to contruct a program like this.

********** |ceWriterguy
    Let's see BudSmoker, you asked how to DOS someone here:

http://www.antionline.com/showthread...hreadid=268107

Now you're asking about things to help you code a password cracker....

I'd neg you here too but it's too soon yet. If you're still around when I can again, I'll neg you again for this one. Have a day.
    Even a broken watch is correct twice a day.

Which coder said that nobody could outcode Microsoft in their own OS? Write a bit and make a fortune!

I just want to learn.

I just want to learn everything I possibly can about internet security. I have nothing else to say.

Elite Hacker
    I think he wants to make a password brute forcer not a password cracker. Nothing wrong with either.

Just think of them as motivation for making strong passwords.

Thanx h3r3tic, Look if you gonna help me please help me, if not just reply with a no and I'll remove this post, I don't need any rude critisim for asking a question. And I didn't ask how to DoS someone, I asked about the science of Flooding a network.

********** |ceWriterguy
    Well, let's add up the chips here shall we?

From your profile you're a dope-smoking 18 year old who has some knowledge of programming although to what extent we don't know. You have a moderately nice box set up for gaming. We don't hold any of that against you, most of us having been in those same shoes at one point. The vast difference is WE weren't idiotic enough to come to a NETWORKING SECURITY SITE to ask questions about hacking, and after confronted with the idea that the questions asked were less than kosher, WE didn't become defensive.

In the easiest to understand terms:

Get your info elsewhere, we won't teach you that here.

If you're worth your salt at coding, you can pretty much figure out on your own how to brute-force or crack a password with simple loops. This leaves me in doubt as to your skills. If you know one iota of computer networking, you know how a DOS attack works, and know that there's about a BILLION software packages out there designed to prevent it. Back on being a coder, why would you want to re-invent the wheel? Sorry, but all this added together comes to a most feeble attempt at social engineering in my book, wanting us to teach you how to hack.

In REDNECKSPEAK, just in case you didn't understand me a few moments ago,

IT AIN'T HAPPENIN. Now go play elsewhere, skiddie.

[edit]You must spread your AntiPoints around before NEGGING THE PISS OUT OF BUDsmoker again.[/edit]
    Even a broken watch is correct twice a day.

Which coder said that nobody could outcode Microsoft in their own OS? Write a bit and make a fortune!

|3lack|ce you mean you've never set up a hacking lab? i know quit a few here have including myself. how else do you understand what hackers are trying to do to you and what it looks like when they've done it. study and hands-on. if you take a sec course you do the same thing. DoS, brute forcing, penetration are all part of it.

of course you're entitled to your opinion, i know i've had similar opinions in the past and no doubt will again but for now i really don't see him as a skiddie. just my opinion.

BUDsmoker get yourself 'the Oreilly Perl CD Bookshelf' or use it online: http://mtsmart.kmip.net/docs/Oreilly.Perl.BookShelf/ or any number of sites. just google. in it you'll find explanation, usage and examples. i use perl from time to time but im a perl hack (not to be confused with hacker) not a perl coder and i couldn't get by without it.
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”