Authenex A-Key Drivers?

Thread: Authenex A-Key Drivers?

Authenex A-Key Drivers?

I received a free Authenex A-Key via snail mail. It came with the key it'self and no software. I have been wanting to give it a try and have been unable to find the drivers. I would be vry greatful if you could point me in the right direction.

Authenex A-Key Site: http://www.authenex.com/products_akey.cfm

Thank you.
    [gloworange]DISLEX[/gloworange]

Update: I gave them a call ( 1-877-AUTHENEX) and they told me where to go.

Driver: www.Authenex.com/demopack

/thread.

Let me know how you like that. I got my "demo" key a while ago... but It was only to use in their interactive demo. I couldn't actually use it on my system... like a single user license that expires after x amount of days. This has to be going back a least a year or two... I don't exactly know.

its been a while since I messed with it... but I still have it... somewhere...

IMO... they just wasted my time. Not to mention the weeks of anticipation while waiting for them to actually get it out. IIRC... it took over a month or so to get.
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

This demo never expires and allows me to encrypt files! A co-worker and I were just playing with it. It seems to work great. I don't have time right now to see what else it can do. I can't wait to see. I'll kepp you updated.

Hey Hey,

I've had my Authenex A-Key for about as long as phish has... since back when their ad was all over AO... I've installed the demopack.. and it's not bad.... I've actually considered purchasing their software, however, they don't offer individual licenses... you have to buy a 10-pack, which is more than I need... They're also very strict about giving out those demo keys in any sort of number... At work they were looking at employing some sort of hard drive encryption token for laptops on travelling employees, and my roommate (who works for a local comp sec. company) was looking for some for work... As well the students in a Security course I was taking at the time wanted some. They refused to send out bulk amounts of the demo keys, and insisted that everyone go and request their own... now for the students, that was fine, they wouldn't have (for the most part) made a purchase, but two or three of them were looking for an encryption solution for companies they consult with... They also lost out on two companies that were interested in their product... my work place still hasn't invested in anything and my roommates company went with another solution.

The file encryption is nice.. I will say that and if you want to be able to encrypt single files, then the demo is perfect, but I wanted more and they didn't offer that... at least not just for me..

I also had a hard time dealing with them... Our discussions were never finalized because the employee that I was dealing with was admittedly having email problems and wasn't recieving about 75% of the messages I sent her.

Another thing is that once you install the software... while it's running there's no exit option.. it's kill the process or nothing.. I really didn't like that... they also have the option of storing various identifying credentials on their servers for "recovery" reasons and I also wasn't a big fan of that..

I'd definately recommend that anyone interested try out the demo pack.

Peace,
    HT
    IT Blog: .:Computer Defense:.
    PnCHd (Pronounced Pinched): Acronym - Point 'n Click Hacked. As in: "That website was pinched" or "The skiddie pinched my computer because I forgot to patch".