Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rover Team Tests Mars Moves on Earth

Rover Team Tests Mars Moves on Earth

http://www.nasa.gov/vision/universe/...er-050606.html

The driver went sand dune driving and now rover is stuck. If they can't get it out of this pit, the person responsible will go down as the biggest douche-bag ever. I don't even want to know how much it cost. Or did they get it out already?

**edit Is that special little camo net they have hanging really needed?

Frustrated Mad Scientist
    They've done well with those rovers but it would still be a crap way for it to finish.

Have they got a tow rope on the other one?

Note for NASA: spade attachment for robot arm next time.

The camo net is just wrong.

I was just breaking their balls because they're spending our money. They think they can get her out. NASA just takes long periods of time on anything to play it safe. Maybe that net it used to get the creative juices flowing? I bet one of those three guys is the one who drove it in the pit. I wonder which one? They all look guilty. -->

Shoot,

They have it all wrong again. Why not get the folks in there that know how to drive in those conditions. All they need to do is hire some Red Necks to getter done!

Connection refused, try again later.

Frustrated Mad Scientist
    It was the guy in the white dress and blue slippers!

It'snot a camo net. It's a Martian Vertical Geology simulation apperatus. Very similar to a camo net and made by the same poeple but costs 100x as much.

6 wheel drive and it can't get out a pot hole.

Mars rover defeated by custard powder!

Hah, I bet that net cost a grand a square ft. Yeah, while they have that extra rover driving through bisquick, I'm going to make breakfast. I think it was that guy too, he looks like a rookie! lol Hello? Hello? Anybody home? Huh? Think, McFly! Think!

I did not read the whole article .. i'm half asleep .. but was that a beta version or what? ......
    I prefer ordering ............
    \"The only truly secure system is one that is powered off, cast in a block of concrete and sealed in a lead-lined room with armed guards - and even then I have my doubts\".....Spaf
    Everytime I learn a new thing, I discover how ignorant I am.- ... Black Cluster

Frustrated Mad Scientist

Wink

How about a caption competition?

Cross dressing NASA scientist looks on as Bubba's Towing service quotes for removing Martian Rover from sandtrap after office party tequila fueled joy riding incident.

AO's Resident Redneck The Texan's Avatar
    the rover has SIX wheels why cant they drive it out? come on... it cost like 100 million to make and they got it stuck in the sand lol
    Git R Dun - Ty
    A tribe is wanted

Original mission cost of $820 million ***added $15 million extension. Total: $835 million
    $645 million went for development of the spacecraft and scientific instruments. ***including *Special nanofiber camo net* plus bisquick