lock down mycomputer -- properties -- lock down computer log in

Thread: lock down mycomputer -- properties -- lock down computer log in

lock down mycomputer -- properties -- lock down computer log in

I'm looking for a way to lock down users from right clicking my computer and selecting properties. I have it to the point where they can right click on it and get to properties but when the window comes up they only have View rights. I don't want the window up at all. As view rights still gives them alot of information about my system, as well as they can create/remove temp folders/files

Second Issue
    I'm looking for a way to lock down users to only log into a specific machine. Problem is when I do it through AD my handheld users that sync via port 135 cannot sync anymore... Any ideas would be appreciated

Super Moderator: GMT Zone nihil's Avatar
    Hi,

Question #1: try this:

http://www.theeldergeek.com/system_p...y_computer.htm

Question #2

I have only seen this on mid-range boxes, and it was written in-house. Are these hand-held devices being recognised as a machibe in their own right? perhaps you should be looking for a way to let some users use multiple (designated) devices?

EDIT: I have a vague recollection that you can do this by granting local admin rights (which are machine specific), but that would mean you would have to trust ALL your handheld users.
    If you cannot do someone any good: don't do them any harm....
    As long as you did this to one of these, the least of my little ones............you did it unto Me.
    What profiteth a man if he gains the entire World at the expense of his immortal soul?

Yes

The link you provided was very helpful. Thanx, i wasn't looking for that but it was something I didn't know.