Does anyone here have experince with bridgeing a wireless network to a crosover cable. I want to know if this is possible, my networking knowledge is limited. Here is the situation.

I currently have three computers and am planing on seting up a web server on the third computer (Computer C). My work/play computer (Computer A) is directly connected to a wireless dlink router via patch cable. Since Computer A has a spare Ethernet Card and I dont have anymore wireless cards, the plan is to take my crossover cable and connect computer A to computer C. To install the web server software on computer C, and then to configure the rotuer so that any inbouund traffic destined for 192.168.0.100:8080 will be redirected to Computer C which I might assign the address 192.168.0.102 perhaps.

The question/problem is can a router redirect traffic to a computer that is not connected to the router, but rather to redirect traffic to computer A via patch cable, with then redirects traffic to computer C via crossover.

I was even trying to figure out if I can use the crossover on the standard Ethernet port on the router and use a software to logicaly switch the send and recieve signals?

I have set up web servers in the past, on my work/play computer, this time the plan is to set the webserver on a computer that if hacked will not realy matter.

Aditionaly, and slightly off topic, is it possible to have one monitor and switch between two computers. Not even sure I will need to do this, i might just pickup a monitor in the trash. Or maybe, I i hook up a monitor, setup the server and cince computer C will rarely be turned off or restarted, I coulc problably disconect the monnitor after setup and reconnect it if I need to restart so I can see what I am doing.