Thread: Uninstallation of SoftForYou Keylogger

Uninstallation of SoftForYou Keylogger

I recently installed the SoftForYou Keylogger (download) and I ran into a snag. It asks for the user, which is me, to input a password to open the program in future usage. Saying that the default password is 'sfyklg', it says that typing this into a program such as Notepad or Calc (if my memory serves me correctly) will run the program so I can access settings and log files. Instead of creating a custom password I opted to just use the default of 'sfyklg' because I was just tinkering with different programs. I restarted my computer after installation and now I can't open the program. I have tried inputting the password in several different places but nothing works.

How do I remove the program from my computer? It isn't available in the 'Add/Remove Program' window.
    -r.p.

Well Raccoon

It is the early hours of the morning and I have had too much

However, you will see references in my posts to Ewido, A-squared, Moosoft's The Cleaner..........not to mention the ususal SpyBot and AdAware.

Get all those and update them, then run them in safe mode.............you might be lucky, but you are dealing with legit software?

After that try just hitting enter to the blank password prompt? it should default or I will class it "CrapWare"

Then just go into your drive structure and delete the files and folders related to it. Make a note of the error messages you get next boot............that will be stuff you will have to delete from the registry yourself.

Good luck

AOs Resident Troll
    Find the directory it is installed in and delete???

Maybe contact the vendor...via email\site faqs?

is this a known keylogger or just something you "found" on the internet??

MLF
    How people treat you is their karma- how you react is yours-Wayne Dyer

What antivirus program are you running? A number of the latest AV's will detect and stop/clean keyloggers. I learned this today when I installed Symantec Antivirus v.10. It killed my test keylogger program even before it was fully installed.

Cheers:
    DjM

*Sorry, but there's no tech support for the FREE version. SoftForYou
    Well since they don’t offer support for the free product. You got to go find it as our folks above have stated or you can use a keylogger detector. Here’s one I have used before and it will most likely find it and other malware you may have ingested

Anti-spy

Hope that helps.

Cheers
    Connection refused, try again later.

I actually downloaded the program off of AntiOnline.com (hover over the download link and you'll see the download.antionline.com) so I assumed that it could be trusted. I am positive that I wrote down the password correctly, but there is still a chance of human error I guess.

I will run updated versions of AdAware and SpyBot tomorrow when I have the time. Hopefully that will resolve the issue. If not, I'll update here.

And my Norton AV '03 didn't pick up on any thing.
    -r.p.

AOs Resident Troll
    Well...personally....

dont EVER download or install anything that isnt from a trusted vendor\source...not saying AO isnt trusted...but ....its not the vendor...and you REALLY dont know where that file came from....now do you.......do we

Just thoughts

MLF
    How people treat you is their karma- how you react is yours-Wayne Dyer

You may try running the installer again to see if there is a option to remove it. Otherwise try to reinstall over the current installation and set a custom password or check the default password. You may want to check the installed directory to see if there is a help document.

Does the password 'box' show stars ?
    Or is it blank.