Thread: We're All Multi-Racial, Aren't We?

We're All Multi-Racial, Aren't We?

I don't have time to elaborate on this, so I'll leave my statement at "This is total crap!"

Students who want smaller classes and individualized attention from their professors at the University of Oregon better not be European-American because chances are they won’t get it if they are.

The Oregon Daily Emerald says white students who want to sign up for six classes, among them sophomore calculus and English classes, are being told they are the wrong color. These special classes, some with as few as 18 students, are reserved for minority students via the Office of Multicultural Academic Support.

Students must identify as being African-American, Asian-American/Pacific Islander, Chicano/Latino, Native American or multiracial to enroll in the first 10 slots available in these classes.

University officials defend the system, but Edward Blum of the Virginia-based Center for Equal Opportunity, says such quota systems may be illegal and could be shut down by the Department of Education if they are.
    Full Story: http://www.dailyemerald.com/vnews/di.../4282f635b5b71
    The mentally handicaped are persecuted in this great country, and I say rightfully so! These people are NUTS!!!!

********** |ceWriterguy
    Dude. Find some new material. All the racist/counterracist bullcrap is getting boring.
    Even a broken watch is correct twice a day.

Which coder said that nobody could outcode Microsoft in their own OS? Write a bit and make a fortune!

Re: We're All Multi-Racial, Aren't We?

the classes were created to foster a comfortable environment for minorities. "That was the basic idea, so that they don't feel afraid to raise their hand and ask something."
    Some of these people need to come out of their bubble! Foster, comfortable?

She said the enrollment policy is fair because coming from a smaller high school, she liked the opportunity to study in a smaller class
    What's next, the professor comes to your house for some one-on-one teaching because you're not "white" and you feel scared to raise your hand because you're not in your bubble/ comfort zone? Give me a break and grow up! If you want something bad enough you'll seize the moment. What if some "white" girl who walks into a popular University class like say; an Economics class with tiers of seats that hold 60+ students. She might have some serious anxiety attack. Wait, she might feel better in a class that holds four. That's not how the real world works, so grow up! If you really want to get technical with the DNA, checkout Mitochondrial Eve. If the "white" girl rubs black paint all over her skin, does she become their version of "African-American"? Because according to the DNA she's an African descendent? According to their standards, since obviously they're not checking DNA, she has to appear in skin color to be authentically "African-American, Asian-American/Pacific Islander, Chicano/Latino, Native American or multiracial to enroll in the first 10 slots".

Some might not agree with me but the proof is in the DNA.

the beign of authority kurt_der_koenig's Avatar
    The problem with us European-Americans is that we have become too passive in this society/ country. Through the many facets of media, they have made us feel ashamed of who we are, created a stereotype that all white heterosexual males are racists, and have in turn turned everyone against us (either subconsciously or consciously). ITs time to take a stand.

Another Civil Rights movement is/ has to come. As a European(German)- American college student, I am tired of of being put down and brushed aside. I clam no superiority, but I rarely find comfort in being with another race that clams to be better than "me" through their actions, speech, and stance. If I would do such a thing, bam..... instant marking. I pay my dues to go to school, just like any other student; I should not have too worry about my race effecting my ability to get a class that I need. Missing just one class in college can mean a whole other semester or year is needed to make-up for it.

|3lack|ce, I'm glad you see this as "bullcrap". For me though, it is a reality. If this was happening to another American race (African, Asian.....pick your flavor), we would not hear the end of this; roits in the streets, instant protests, and so on. Being passive does not get rid of the problem, only makes it bigger while you are covering your eyes. Imagin tomorrow: Trying to get a loan for that new addition to your house....

Loan officer: Sorry Sir, your not the right demographic profile we want/ need/ serve!
    One:
    -end-

OverdueSpy isn't doing anything wrong; just sharing the truth. Don't like it; turn on CNN for your daily dose of propaganda..

kurt

********** |ceWriterguy
    Kurt, it's not a matter of who would be doing what to whom if the situation were different. It's instead the fact that EVERY SINGLE POST of his of late is on this same topic. It's become quite old indeed.
    Even a broken watch is correct twice a day.

Which coder said that nobody could outcode Microsoft in their own OS? Write a bit and make a fortune!

Frustrated Mad Scientist
    Jerry Sadowitz:

I'm not racist I hate everyone,
    I'm an equal opportunity offender

This is about anxiety. The fact is anxiety does exist in certain people, and "race"/skin pigment isn't the determining factor in anxiety diagnosis! So where do they get off reserving seats for a certain color of skin pigment?