Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Good video to show home users about basic security.

They call me the Hunted foxyloxley's Avatar
    If you do I might be prepared to pay for it.... But ethically you probably wouldn't want me to, would you?

OMG, it's a geeky joke, and I got it ................. Shoot me now mama.

Seal :
    I trust the comments from the above posters, based on their history here, it's not much, but it's a WHOLE lot more than we have about you.

Take the hits as they are intended: Constructive.

Stay awhile, get to know a couple of folks here.
    Check out the tutorials here.
    Re-make the video.

It can only get better.
    so now I'm in my SIXTIES FFS
    WTAF, how did that happen, so no more alterations to the sig, it will remain as is now

Beware of Geeks bearing GIF's
    come and waste the day :P at The Taz Zone

Originally posted here by Tiger Shark
    ROFLMAO.... Seal.... Trolling.... for what.... Sure as hell didn't expect to find you here....

Despite you protestations about how hard you work I stand by my comments. To reiterate and to demonstrate how little credibility you still maintain:-

1. I D/Led it in good faith to see if it could be of use to my users.
    2. I watched the first ten minutes and was bored and confused.
    3. As presented the information has a very limited audience.
    4. I pointed out that not watching all of it might have been a mistake, but point 2 above is salient here
    5. I said you think you know something which others here, (who's judgement I trust), seem to agree you don't after watching the entire thing.

You appreciate honesty except when it is direct, to the point and contradicts your opinion of your own work.... Then it's a troll? Son, you need to grow up a little, I might be your boss one day in the not too distant future, then you'll experience the honesty first hand. It's not any prettier.

Now, take Phish's advice and talk to Iron. I have trust and respect for both. Iron knows his stuff and when he doesn't he researches it thoroughly before presenting it to others. The combination of his knowledge and presentation skills coupled with your ability to cut together video etc. might come up with something I was hoping your video was in the first place. If you do I might be prepared to pay for it.... But ethically you probably wouldn't want me to, would you?
    TigerShark, you sure have a short term memory. Let me quote you:

It's a bullshit little kid that thinks he knows something that has too much money, (from his parents), to be able to buy the tools required to make a rubbish video about computer security, all the while hoping that someone, anyone, will take him seriously...
    "Bullshit little kid ... that has too much money (from his parents)"
    That my friend is trolling. Maybe you had points other than that, but they're understandably very hard to discern when a line like that is in there. So please don't be a hypocrite. However, your points this time round are valid (hey no using swearing... step up... sarcasm... step down.). Despite the fact that I am still upset towards you I did read your advice and will take it to heart.

Thank you for taking the time to represent your thoughts.

AO's MMA Fanatic! Computernerd22's Avatar
    Seal bottom line is you did good job with the video. A little bit of MS bashing but that aint ****. Give credit were credit is due. Also, Why you guys trying to bust this dudes balls? You don't like the video then don't watch it. If you don't have anything nice to say then don't say it. Arguing on the internet is like running in the special olympics, even if you win you are still retarded. Get my point? I think so.

Well, I thought it was a pretty good effort to inform those who don't know a thing about security. I would say that the video was as good as "thebroken videos". ( I'm not saying thebroken vids are good.) I couldn't tell you how many times I have been asked "What is a firwall?" I was even told once by an older man that he "doesn't need a firewall because hacking is illegal". (He didn't like how the software firewall always prompted him for permission to allow things in or out.) I only watched the first few minutes of the video, like most of you. I could tell right away that it was geared toward a younger, less informed audience. Thats okay. After all, the creator didn't post it here for us.

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    Seal:

As I said all entitled to your opinions.
    Except me? I expressed my opinion - whether you like it or not and regardless of certain parts of it being factually incorrect it's my opinion and I'm entitled to it and to voice it.

FYI, trolling requires a "target". When I wrote that I had no "target" in mind. It's the way I write my thoughts which, funnily enough, is very close to the way I speak them so, had you been around here for a while, or bothered to look through my history here, you would have known that it was far from trolling. I notice you only mentioned the factually incorrect portion and avoided the "who thinks he knows something" bit...... (see, that's trolling.... )

Thank you for taking the time to represent your thoughts.
    NP... I always _try_ to help......
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

Also, Why you guys trying to bust this dudes balls? You don't like the video then don't watch it. If you don't have anything nice to say then don't say it. Arguing on the internet is like running in the special olympics, even if you win you are still retarded. Get my point? I think so.
    How would one know if they would like the video or not without watching it? Maybe Seal didn't ask for criticism, but he never the less got some, and responded to it. Some of it might have been harsh, but welcome to the real world. If he walks away from this discussion and makes better videos in the future, then what can you say? We all have to start somewhere in our endeavors.

Thank you Irongeek.
    I'm from viet nam.
    email: nguyenvanthanhnet@gmail.com

Elite Hacker
    Is this person your lover Irongeek? I've seen two threads where they are throwing themself at you :P.
    By the way, welcome to AO thanhlangso .

King Tutorial-ankhamun
    Originally posted here by h3r3tic
    Is this person your lover Irongeek? I've seen two threads where they are throwing themself at you :P.
    By the way, welcome to AO thanhlangso .
    Not last time I checked.

linux is not friendly with "wmv" do you have "mpg" versions?
    // too far away outside of limit