Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IE to get Tabs

They call me the Hunted foxyloxley's Avatar

Post IE to get Tabs

In its race to catch up with Firefox, the upcoming Internet Explorer 7 will support tabs, the browser developers write on the IEBlog

http://www.siliconvalleysleuth.com/2...oming_to_.html

trolling around, and this turned up in my mail box
    From vnunet.com

Who said IE was dead ...............
    so now I'm in my SIXTIES FFS
    WTAF, how did that happen, so no more alterations to the sig, it will remain as is now

Beware of Geeks bearing GIF's
    come and waste the day :P at The Taz Zone

I think that IE is the last of a dieing breed, they haven't had very many advancements in the last few years, unless you consider patching the security holes.

So you think it's too little too late ?
    Or IS there plenty of life in the old dog yet ?
    WTAF, how did that happen, so no more alterations to the sig, it will remain as is now

Re-living an already {Technically} dead product is good .... BUT ---------->>

Many people like me got hooked on Firefox .... and I won't give up using it unless IE offers something is really new and novel .... ONLY in this way IE can get back its lost proportion {Substantial} of the market share .... I think adding tabs to IE won't make any changes as there is already substitute ....

I think they have to move really with long pace in order to catch the market, shall they?
    \"The only truly secure system is one that is powered off, cast in a block of concrete and sealed in a lead-lined room with armed guards - and even then I have my doubts\".....Spaf
    Everytime I learn a new thing, I discover how ignorant I am.- ... Black Cluster

There's plenty of life left in IE. Think of all the custom Intranet's and other WEB based apps that can only use IE. Even Microsoft's antispyware software requires IE 6. to install. Windows needs IE. IE needs Windows. I don't see either going away any time soon.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it!
    09:F9:11:02:9D:74:E3:5B8:41:56:C5:63:56:88:C0

I think they have to move really with long pace in order to catch the market, shall they?
    OR :
    Buy them out

If it aint broke : UPGRADE

Originally posted here by dinowuff
    There's plenty of life left in IE. Think of all the custom Intranet's and other WEB based apps that can only use IE. Even Microsoft's antispyware software requires IE 6. to install.
    Of course, since at this point the vast majority of spyware problems is due to the (mis?) use of IE in the first place, that's par for the course.

It seems evident to me that MS thinks simply providing similar features to Firefox will be sufficient; their monopoly on the desktop will take care of the rest. I think they may be very mistaken in this notion, but one thing's for sure: no-one ever got rich underestimating MS's business savvy.

i would rather use IE than Firefox if IE had tabs ..... this is a good move.

Originally posted here by fyrewall
    i would rather use IE than Firefox if IE had tabs ..... this is a good move.
    Are you actually using Firefox? If yes, Do you use Firefox just because it offer tabs?

OR :
    Buy them out

If it aint broke : UPGRADE
    This is what MS do when they find nowhere to run .... or when they are out of creativeness! {they always are} .....
    \"The only truly secure system is one that is powered off, cast in a block of concrete and sealed in a lead-lined room with armed guards - and even then I have my doubts\".....Spaf
    Everytime I learn a new thing, I discover how ignorant I am.- ... Black Cluster

ONLY in this way IE can get back its lost proportion {Substantial} of the market share
    What are you talking about? IE has lost market share to Firefox but it is not anything significant enough to spell the end of the product. If anything most of the people who use firefox now are people that used Netscape or some other form of the mozilla browser in the past.

Current news article put the Firefox market share around 7 or 8% depending on how they did their research. IE has been in the high 80% to mid 90% range for the last several years.

http://www.techweb.com/wire/ebiz/163100701

While MS will always be concerned about a 5.7% drop in market share it is not enough to spell the end of the product. And I'm sure that most people will agree that when you have 95.5% of the market share losing 5.7% of that share is not "substantial."