Thread: ATI HDTV Wonder Question

ATI HDTV Wonder Question

Does anyone out there own one of these tuner cards? If so, did you encounter any problems with it? The reason i ask is because i installed one of these in my pc yesterday and had issue of the DTV picture quality was very choppy. I have an asus a7v8x-mx-se with VIA chipset, AMD 2700+, 768 of Kingston memory, ATI AIW 9600. I was doing some research yesterday after i had encounted this problem and i thought i had read somewhere that this tuner has issues with the VIA chipset. has anyone heard of this or was i dreaming this? any help will be greatly appreciated.

What did you mean by choppy? Did the screen start dropping(undulation)? I'd check for some type of external interference, but it could be the board. Do you have monster cable or some cheap braid?

by choppy i mean, the video does not run smoothly. the picture quality is great but the motion of the video is not fluid. it's like watching someone on a webcam how the fluidity of the video jumps. and again, i thought i had read somewhere, don't remember where though, that there may be an issue with the VIA chipset and the tuner.

Hi, what you are describing sounds more like electrical interference or most likely signal strength issues.

Try changing the orientation of the antenna and if that doesn't work add a signal booster.

just a thought