Thread: C#

C#

Hey guys, I am just graduating from school with a Bachelors in computer science and I have a good working knowledge of C++. I went out looking for some programming jobs and it seems that a lot of companies are looking for C# programmers. I was wondering if you had any tutorial sites or books to recommend me taking a look at to learn.

() \/V |\| 3 |) |3\/ |\|3G47|\/3
    You are right about a lot of companies wanting C# programmers. I don't know if you noticed during your job searches, but there is also a lot of demand for web services. Like you, I learned C++ first and I think you will pick up C# very easily. To me, it "feels" a lot like C++.

I used:
    Deitel's C# How to program.

Mastering Visual C# .NET

I don't know if you are a fan of Deitel's programming books....I, generally, am not, however, out of all their books I've used, I think the one (listed above) is the best.

Go Finland!
    Deviant Gallery

Thanks, so how long did it take you to be a profficient c# programmer?

() \/V |\| 3 |) |3\/ |\|3G47|\/3
    It depends on your definition of "proficient". I took two C# classes, and while I earned an A in each, I don't think of myself as being proficient - especially since I have no work experience. I'm still working on the whole web services aspect. Really though, it only took a couple weeks to get the hang of it and be able to do most of what was in the books.

Go Finland!
    Deviant Gallery