Thread: Google's home page is about to get a face-lift.

Google's home page is about to get a face-lift.

In what appears to be a broadside aimed at My Yahoo, Google rolled out a new feature on Thursday that lets people set up a personalized Google home page.

The feature, which has not yet been named, lets people with Gmail and other Google accounts create a home page with different modules that they can drag and drop across their page, giving them one place to go for e-mail, headlines, weather reports, maps, movie schedules and, of course, Web search.
    I just love Google's new face, especially that drag and drop thingy which makes our personlization more handy. You too have a look at http://www.google.com/ig and read more about it at http://news.com.com/Google%20introdu...4284&subj=news

- :S:
    \"And life is what we make it. Always has been, always will be.\"

This is too cool. Love it, thanks for the update.
    O.G at A.O

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    I personally prefer simplicity. I think I'd rather stick with the old interface.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

I agree with MsMittens, I prefer the neatness, quick load and the simple interface over a page that is over loaded with links and photos ... almost unnecessary ....

Anyways thank you for the update, :Singh:.
    \"The only truly secure system is one that is powered off, cast in a block of concrete and sealed in a lead-lined room with armed guards - and even then I have my doubts\".....Spaf
    Everytime I learn a new thing, I discover how ignorant I am.- ... Black Cluster

i've had my own "personalized" google home page for some time now, thanks to a webfilter.

i replaced the google logo with plain-text google which makes for much faster page load time.

of course, any one with some web skills can make their own homepage and put whatever they want in it. not just stuff from google like.
    Hmm...theres something a little peculiar here. Oh i see what it is! the sentence is talking about itself! do you see that? what do you mean? sentences can\'t talk! No, but they REFER to things, and this one refers directly-unambigeously-unmistakably-to the very sentence which it is!

I only added the gmail thing, i dont like many "ads" on my homepage too. But it is nice to have if you want it.
    O.G at A.O

Hoopy Frood
    Originally posted here by MsMittens
    I personally prefer simplicity. I think I'd rather stick with the old interface.
    I agree. I tried the Gmail inbox only, but didn't even like that. I have the Gmail Notifier extension for Firefox so it makes it unecessary. I like the option to have it, though, but hope by default they stick with the old interface.

BTW, did anyone else notice they have the ability to display articles from Slashdot on your personalized page? How cool is that? You go, Google!

- Xierox
    "Personality is only ripe when a man has made the truth his own."

-- Søren Kierkegaard

If I really want a portal, ill go to Yahoo or MSN or something else.

I personally prefer the current simple design.
    N00b> STFU i r teh 1337 (english: You must be mistaken, good sir or madam. I believe myself to be quite a good player. On an unrelated matter, I also apparently enjoy math.)