files help hostage

Thread: files help hostage

files help hostage

Washington - Computer users already anxious about viruses and identity theft have a new reason to worry: hackers have found a way to lock up the electronic documents on your computer and then demand $200 (about R1 200) over the Internet to get them back.

Full Story
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

Yeah it would be really easy to trace bank transactions and capture the hacker ..... but I don't think that they are too damn fool ..... I prefer a drop off address ..... lol ...

This method might work with companies that are REALLY paranoied about thier reputation not to get corrupted or distorted ....
    \"The only truly secure system is one that is powered off, cast in a block of concrete and sealed in a lead-lined room with armed guards - and even then I have my doubts\".....Spaf
    Everytime I learn a new thing, I discover how ignorant I am.- ... Black Cluster

Related article

Oliver Friedrichs, a senior manager at Symantec Security Response. "It is certainly concerning. This is the first time that we have seen cryptography used in this type of attack to hold your information hostage," he said....

.....Researchers at Symantec have seen the malicious program used in the ransom attack. The "Trojan.Pgpcoder" searches a victim's hard disk drive for 15 common file types, including images and Microsoft Office file types. It then encrypts the files, removes the originals and drops a note asking $200 for the encryption key, Friedrichs said.
    \"You got a mouth like an outboard motor..all the time putt putt putt\" - Foghorn Leghorn