Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any real case about computer crime??

quite the contrary... he is some kind of famous Social Engineer who would like you to beleieve that he was an amazing hacker
    Duct tape.....A whole lot of Duct Tape
    Spyware/Adaware problem click
    here

Just Another Geek
    Originally posted here by catch
    This case somewhat mirrors the DeCSS case, which eventually spiralled into the land of absurdity with t-shirts and ties covered in the DeCSS code as a way of making it a free speech argument. Unfortunately, offhand I do not believe any arrests or criminal charges were introduced during the DeCSS case making it less useful to you.
    Yes, there was.

http://efn.no/jonjohansen-en.html
    Oliver's Law:
    Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

my bad Spyrus, I actually havent talked about him for a long time. He pretty much is teh smartest guy I have ever heard of.

Re: Re: Any real case about computer crime??

you can write for example about actions and after arresting of group The Deceptive Duo (type it into google) .. it was famous enough.
    Or better yet, you can ask any member here who remembers AO-IRC and the earlier days of unerror's IRC server.

quite the contrary... he is some kind of famous Social Engineer who would like you to beleieve that he was an amazing hacker
    You've got it all wrong... sure he's a con-man but as a con he is obviously all about the money and not so much about being liked or known for much otherwise better BS would fallow. Mean while its always the "hackers" who choose to be called that simply because it sounds cool. Computers for them aren't so much as anything other than some tool to fit into some mainly text based *cough "social setting"... its all about keeping their image in the hopes of being something.

Anyone with a true interest in computers would realise that by now and just shut the hell up and enjoy messing around with their computers without the constant need to "be something".

Banned
    He (Kevin Mitnick) pretty much is teh smartest guy I have ever heard of.
    Let me guess, you're a product of the American public school system?

cheers,

catch

Originally posted here by catch
    Let me guess, you're a product of the American public school system?

cheers,

catch

My opinion is, that Kevin Mitnick is generally famous - in the meaning of publicity. He is clever and smart person surely - for example his free of charge travelling at Los Angeles city traffic in his 12:-)
    He is known as man, who use social engineering methods..he had to have computer skills of course. But is he really the symbol of hackers? .. i don't think so.

PS: because real hacker doesn't let arrest self
    Czech el33t...

Re: Re: Re: Any real case about computer crime??

Originally posted here by ¤The¤Spe©ialist
    Or better yet, you can ask any member here who remembers AO-IRC and the earlier days of unerror's IRC server.
    better be a member of some group to be able to describe some cases ... for example hysteria.sk (hysteria.cz) .. famous ... only on Silc from now
    Czech el33t...