Thread: Social Worker.....Not Black Enough.

Social Worker.....Not Black Enough.

Ok. Everyone get out your stopwatches, and let's time how long it takes for the ACLU to get involved..........and.........MARK!

KGET-TV in California reports that a white social worker who wanted to attend a meeting of the National Association of Black Social Workers was told he was not welcome because of his skin pigment.

Bakersfield, Calif. social worker Brain Parnell wanted to attend the New Orleans meeting along with five of his colleagues because he often works with minority children. When he tried to enter, however, he was turned away.

“I approached the registration table and was greeted by a very friendly fellow who looked me in the eye and said, ‘Are you black?’” said Parnell. “I told him that I'm not and he told me that the conference was only for people who were black and so I wasn't able to register to attend the conference.”

“I was shocked,” said Parnell. “I was surprised that in 2005, I could be singled out because of the color of my skin."

(Another version of the story appears in Tuesday's Bakersfield Californian, but it's behind their subscriber wall.)
    Full story: http://www.kget.com/news/local/story...2-CC44CE18A780
    The mentally handicaped are persecuted in this great country, and I say rightfully so! These people are NUTS!!!!

They call me the Hunted foxyloxley's Avatar
    I'd like to say 'only in America'.
    But I feel that this type of tripe is happening all around us, and there's not one damn thing we can do ........................

As for the ACLU, and for ANY civil liberty org, they just don't seem interested in liberty, unless it's for the minority..

I'm even to worried about political correctness to type out what really galls me, as it would [in their eyes] mark me down as a ner-do-well.
    so now I'm in my SIXTIES FFS
    WTAF, how did that happen, so no more alterations to the sig, it will remain as is now

Beware of Geeks bearing GIF's
    come and waste the day :P at The Taz Zone

Jim Crow of the new millinium. I wonder if he was allowed to drink in the black's only drinking fountain.
    West of House
    You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
    There is a small mailbox here.

Jim Crow....................I about spewed my drink all over my monitor! That was a good one!

Speaking of Drinks... asta!
    West of House
    You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
    There is a small mailbox here.

Frustrated Mad Scientist
    You would hope that those who had suffered in the past (and present) due to discrimination would try to walk a higher path than those who acted against them. It looks like they would rather walk the same road.

It's a bad time to be a white, male, western, christian, with a job.

Luckily being Scottish I'm classed as blue. It take two weeks in the sun for me to turn white.

Well living in SA all my life I have been through it all, and I have to say I agree with aspman.That being said ,our country have changed in 1994 and the new goverment has put measures in place to try and make up and prevent these events from happening again..The only problem that is very concerning to me is the amount of corruption that now pops up everywhere even at the highest levels of management.Reverse discrimination is now also a day to day reality.Blaming everything on the past I think is definitely not going help..It is now 11 years further and personally I think they should stop blaming racism,apartheid,etc..for everything that goes wrong.

It is like a barrier and they should start looking beyond that before any positive progress will be made..I am not saying that they should forget about it but don,t use it as an exuse for everything going wrong..I mean my kids are all born in a new era and I do not think they should pay for what has happened in the past.Let,s put that horrible part of our past behind us and build on a better future.

Cheers
    vanman
    Practise what you preach.

the beign of authority kurt_der_koenig's Avatar
    But I feel that this type of tripe is happening all around us, and there's not one damn thing we can do ........................
    There is plenty for us to do!

Originally posted here by foxyloxley

As for the ACLU, and for ANY civil liberty org, they just don't seem interested in liberty, unless it's for the minority..

I'm even to worried about political correctness to type out what really galls me, as it would [in their eyes] mark me down as a ner-do-well.
    I agree with your statement towards the ACLU, but there is something we can do. It's actually fighting fire with fire: Complain. That's how social facism is created, by those whom complain and do so very adamantly. Now, it's needs to be done intelligently and without a hint of belligerence, but every time these "freedom fighters" contradict themselves (such as excluding non-blacks in the article, etc), they need to be publicly shunned for it, just as a KKK member would be.

There is no justification to any degree for racism--regardless of whom it is being projected by or towards.
    \"Greatness only comes at great risk.\" ~ Personal/Generic