Thread: Help With Site

Help With Site

Im having the hardest time with my site for work, I want to redo the whole thing.
    This is what I have so far

and I cant seem to fall in love with any type of layout, I think the problem is I do not have a ton of content so a side bar would not be or much use. Any ideas guys?

Banned
    1. hide picture of your "shack" and put it in contacts w/ directions and map

2. find a nice interior design site and pick a color-scheme for your site. so far it looks like it's benn written in Wordpad

http://wellstyled.com/tools/colorscheme2/index-en.html

3 replace the "shack w/ an original logo

http://www.aaa-logo.com/ ... this software will help you get started. just make a screen shot of your screen and paste the pic into photoshop (the demo won't let you save)

4. pictures, pictures, pictures ... (of electronics, computers)

5. keep it simple BUT (not "plain" like you have it now)

At the top of the page put a flash banner .... or animated banner .... or whatever moving ....

Since your website is not holding tons of data, compensate the lack of info with animation and flash ... I do recommend flash a lot .... I mean it .... especially with the buttons ....

I don't recommend using side bar .... framing is not always good ... use integrated drop down menus ... like Java menus ....

Be careful when using colors ... try to make the background and the font color integrated ... try to write mission/vision statment ....

A copyright statment at the end of each page would give your website sense of seriousness and robustness .... Don't forget the page titles .....

Cheers
    \"The only truly secure system is one that is powered off, cast in a block of concrete and sealed in a lead-lined room with armed guards - and even then I have my doubts\".....Spaf
    Everytime I learn a new thing, I discover how ignorant I am.- ... Black Cluster

unhappy we already have a logo its on the top left we have used it for 6 years

Banned
    that may be but it's not very eye-catching. don't be pissed at me. i just call it as i see it.

red/blue colors.. very unoriginal

I'd have to agree with Black Cluster with the flash idea, or at least add some mouse overs to your links.

Add a technology photo to the background or change the bland white. With all the open space you have it leaves it looking even more bare...

Think about even if you only have 5 links you can still add a bar down the side... maybe add a calendar or something to it as well..

edit: and if thats your logo in the top right make the writing to the right of that bold and larger or something...

Definitely replace the building photo with maybe the inside if its nicer, and make a link with directions as stated already
    Duct tape.....A whole lot of Duct Tape
    Spyware/Adaware problem click
    here

well the site is currently www.cdunder.cc just so u guys know what it looks like now and ill get a new pic ill have to look around for a new bg.

Btw this is our biggest competitors website www.rt-tech.com

wow, the design in cd-under sucks, what did you use Front Page 1968 ? Use a template and ull be better off.
    O.G at A.O