Inspiron 2500 Hard drive password

Thread: Inspiron 2500 Hard drive password

Inspiron 2500 Hard drive password

Hey guys I'm bought a Dell Inspiron 2500 over ebay and i cant start up the computer because of I dont have the internal Hard Drive Password. I tried emailing the guy I bought it from but he hasnt emailed me back the password. I did some searching on google and came up on this website and tried out a couple thread on this website. I tried the debug mode, and the latitude.exe to try and reset the password. the latitude program didnt work because I have a 7 digit service tag and im not sure why the debug mode didnt work but I followed the instructions exactly and the password was still there. Does anyone know if there is another program like the latitude.exe that will work with the 7 digit service tag or do i have to go through dell and get there password reset device. Thanks for all your help in advance.

Papa Smurf
    Wow this registration form makes me feel stupid. Im scared to go to the forums.

You sure that isnt a BIOS password? Do you see it right away when you start the laptop?
    N00b> STFU i r teh 1337 (english: You must be mistaken, good sir or madam. I believe myself to be quite a good player. On an unrelated matter, I also apparently enjoy math.)

If that is a true hard drive password..................you need a new hard drive.......you will not be able to crack it, and the time is not worth a dozen new laptops, let alone HDDs

That is what you get, and in my opinion DESERVE for dealing on e-bay

Wankers servicing tossers

It is probably stolen............but that would not have occurred to you?

The price excited your "greed sensor", so you were actually socially-engineered?

Talk to Dell and your local law enforcement agencies...............

Sorry, you were caught out

In my experience, laptops bought over ebay, especially when they have hard drive passwords the supposed "previous owner" doesn't know about, are generally stolen. Ebay serves as a convienient fence for this stuff right now. Dell is probab;y going to be quite reluctant to help you break this password, as they are fully aware that the laptop is stolen. There are three main factors which point to this possibility.

1. You bought it on ebay
    2. The hard drive is password protected
    3. The seller has disappeared

Of course, if it's stolen, you're SOL. If not, Dell may help you, but it will take some badgering on your part. Either way, you need to contact Dell first.
    Government is like fire - a handy servant, but a dangerous master - George Washington
    Government is not reason, it is not eloquence - it is force. - George Washington.

Join the UnError community!

Exclamation

PM me with the model name and associated model numbers of your laptop harddrive (remove the harddrive to find it) and I will see if that particular harddrive is on my list. If so, I can crack it for you. (yes, I'm talking about the harddrive firmware password).
    Been there, done that.
    ZT3000
    Beta tester of "0"s and "1"s"

Hmmm................

Are you really, really sure ZT3000 ?

Exclamation

Originally posted here by nihil
    Hmmm................

Are you really, really sure ZT3000 ?

Thanks Nihil.

Point taken.
    ZT3000