PSd-html
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PSd-html

PSd-html

I was wondering how can i convert a *.psd file to *.html
    i made a web page in photoshop and now i want to convert it into HTML.
    I tried googling for it but no help was found
    Do any of you have any bright ideas?

Somebody PLEASE correct me if I'm wrong, but this is impossible with current technology.

An image file is simply a collection of pixels. A converter program would have no way to tell one element of the page from another, much less which links *you* want to be hyperlinks and which are simply text. There is just not enough information in an image file to build a web page from it. For example, what are you going to put for the meta tags? The page title? Do you expect such a program to automatically recognize fonts? How does it now whether you want to use tables or CSS? Maybe you want to code it in php or asp?

My best suggestion would be to use an html editor like frontpage or dreamweaver, and use your image as a template with which which to build a page from it if you're looking for the easiest way to do this. Otherwise bury your nose in a good html reference and learn how to make pages like this.
    Government is like fire - a handy servant, but a dangerous master - George Washington
    Government is not reason, it is not eloquence - it is force. - George Washington.

Join the UnError community!

Hey Hey,

As far as I understand webdesign Striek is correct..

However, there is away around this..

I'm assuming you have some sort of center panel with text in it... (the body of the website)... Cut your image in a grid around the text (almost like a tic-tac-toe board)... Now create an html document that contains a table.. and each image to the correct section of the table... I did something like this for www.eaglebanner.com.

Peace
    HT
    IT Blog: .:Computer Defense:.
    PnCHd (Pronounced Pinched): Acronym - Point 'n Click Hacked. As in: "That website was pinched" or "The skiddie pinched my computer because I forgot to patch".

google slicing.

That said. Its not all that practivle for complete pages, a friend uses it to create nice looking menu's and borders for the text and stuff.
    Since the beginning of time, Man has searched for the answers to the big questions: \'How did we get here?\' \'Is there life after death?\' \'Are we alone?\' But today, in this very theatre, you will be asked to answer the biggest question of them all...WHO LIVES IN A PINEAPPLE UNDER THE SEA?

Flash M0nkey
    ummm Striek & HT your both wrong am afraid - photoshop comes with another piece of software called image ready which can perform this for you.

Simply slice up your image in photoshop - and then choose (file >> edit in imageready)

then when image ready opens pick save >> save optmised as and make sure it has the option to save slices and html. whoila psd to html.

v_Ln

Oops.

But wouldn't the whole page be a single image? I thought white_pawn was wondering if an html page could be generated including all the hyperlinks and stuff. For example, if I took a screenshot of the AO front page, I don't think I would be able to translate that back into the HTML code that my browser got?

I assume you are speaking of a webpage containing (what appears to the viewer) a single image?
    Government is like fire - a handy servant, but a dangerous master - George Washington
    Government is not reason, it is not eloquence - it is force. - George Washington.

Join the UnError community!

Flash M0nkey
    nah it would be lots of smaller images - because you slice the main image up.

then any areas where you have text you want the user to be able to highlight/select just make the image table cell background and type in your text

v_Ln

Sorry for the delay in answering
    Thanks in your over whelminig answers
    I thought white_pawn was wondering if an html page could be generated including all the hyperlinks and stuff
    Yes that is what i want to do. I made a whole index (first page) of a website in photoshop and now every time i want o edit it i need to go to layers and change stuff. I added the links in Frontpage,I saved it in *.jpeg format and i made a html file and linked it to it .the whole frontpage is a image with links added in it.It takes a hell a lot of time for the site to load as internet speed is very low here.
    I am yet to try out Valhallen's tip,but i don't think that it will resolve the problem.

Flash M0nkey
    ummm yes my way does work......its how most people go from photoshop layout to html template.

this link might give you some more info -> http://biorust.com/index.php?page=tu...etail&tutid=23

v_Ln

Banned
    v_Ln's way does work, I use it myself. I think it's pretty homo that Adobe just couldn't integrate all of Image Ready into Photoshop... would've saved designers some time.