Yet Another Phishy

Thread: Yet Another Phishy

Yet Another Phishy

Well it isn't really a new type of scam, but seeing as how I don't get many phishy emails, I figure this one must be pretty rampant, and that a warning may be in order. It is a standard "account suspended; please reverify details" type scam which forwards the password information to Ebay and intercepts it in the process. The perpetrators have registered "ebay-join.com", which is quite obviously mistaken for a valid ebay domain by the ignorant. You may want to block this at your borders. I have already sent abuse mails and reported it to ebay and antiphising.org. I thought a warning here wouldn't be such a bad idea.

I have attached the email and headers below for those who wish to inspect it.
    Government is like fire - a handy servant, but a dangerous master - George Washington
    Government is not reason, it is not eloquence - it is force. - George Washington.

Join the UnError community!

There is a tool which Netcraft released recently to attempt to deal with the Phishing email problem. You may want to take a look at it.

The bar in the browser alerts you for known phishing sites and allows you to report new ones. Each page is assigned a risk rating based on this.

It has Toolbars available for IE and Firefox available.
    http://news.netcraft.com/archives/20...available.html