is it multiprocessing or not

Thread: is it multiprocessing or not

is it multiprocessing or not

hi guys ,
    i need to know how can i connect my p-3 in such a way that i can use it to actually run two computers.like i want one p3 processor to run two computers,so how do i do the sharing of computer processors.and if its not possible what shud i do .
    i mean to ask what should be the proceessr and is there any specific os for it.
    what else be the hardware i shud need for this.any help or any suggestino,or if you guys can lead me to any site links i will be very thankful. i have googled for it,but results are quite misleading.so i thougt i need some advice in this.
    thanks in advance
    yours truly
    ks b

My dear friend,

1 computer requires 1 processor (could have thousands)

You cannot run two computers off one processor................by definition it is one computer because it is the processor that "computes"

I can have many hard drives, sound cards, video cards, CD/DVD drives et cetera in the same box, but it is only one computer.

As I said, a computer (singular) can have multiple processors...............

I must go and look in my loft.............I have an Apple which has a Pentium 120MHz and a Motorola (95Mhz?) and will run MAC and Windows off the same box

What are you trying to achieve?

hi bisht,

well if ou want to have two computers in sense that you can have two screens and two Keyboard n so on so that two different users can work on simple things differently on both of them, like surfing net while other work on a word file , then there is one such hardware availabe from this company called jetway and here is the link
    http://www.jetway.com.tw/evisn/produ.../miniq2faQ.htm

and also here i found this card that can be installed in your existing pc available on ebay and her eis link for that

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...sPageName=WDVW

but these are for simple uses only as it depends a lot on configuration of your PC , how much load it can handle

I think this is what you are looking for.
    i just looked you are from india , then you can surely get digit magazine, on its last pages you can find advertisement about a similar product, i don't remember it now but i read it 4 months back. if you cant find it, tell me i will look into old editions.
    It\'s all about sense of power.

Originally posted here by nihil

What are you trying to achieve?
    Significant cost reduction ..... lol

By no means, you can't share one processor with two different boxes ..... AFAIK

This could be potential idea for future inventions ... you never know ...
    \"The only truly secure system is one that is powered off, cast in a block of concrete and sealed in a lead-lined room with armed guards - and even then I have my doubts\".....Spaf
    Everytime I learn a new thing, I discover how ignorant I am.- ... Black Cluster

Just Another Geek

Re: is it multiprocessing or not

Originally posted here by bisht_kamal
    hi guys ,
    i need to know how can i connect my p-3 in such a way that i can use it to actually run two computers.like i want one p3 processor to run two computers,so how do i do the sharing of computer processors.and if its not possible what shud i do .
    Ehrrm not really sure what you mean but I think these come pretty close:
    Microsoft Virtual PC
    VMWare Workstation 5

It's possible to run these on a P3, done it in the past. As long as you've got enough memory it'll run. Not fast but it'll run..
    Oliver's Law:
    Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.