Thread: synaptics touchpad and firefox

synaptics touchpad and firefox

Greetings,

I think this is in the right form (and if it is not i am sure it will be moved) anyway, I have been screwing around with my laptop lately and installed the latest synaptics touchpad driver from compaq/hp and now i cannot use the scroll functionality in firefox -- has anyone else ever experienced this problem, and does anyone know how to fix it??

thanks!!
    [gloworange]find / -name \"*your_base*\" -exec chown us:us {} \\;[/gloworange] [glowpurple]Trust No One[/glowpurple][shadow] Use Hardened Gentoo [/shadow]
    CATAPULTAM HABEO. NISI PECUNIAM OMNEM MIHI DABIS, AD CAPUT TUUM SAXUM IMMANE MITTAM

I think this is what you want...

http://ask.metafilter.com/mefi/17942
    Firefox vs. Trackball | Ask MetaFilter

Exclamation

This has been discussed before and there is no option besides uninstalling the synaptics driver or rolling back.

Personally, I rolled back to an earlier version as I still wanted the synaptics features.

This is the driver I use and it works great in Firefox and everywhere else. You will need to uninstall the newer one first, but it should install without a hitch.

Download: http://www.pro-star.com/drivers/M3EW...ouchpad_xp.zip

Good Luck!
    ZT3000
    Beta tester of "0"s and "1"s"

the old version worked perfectly. I had tried to find it on the compaq site, but every time i tried to download it, it said file not found -- thanks !!!
    [gloworange]find / -name \"*your_base*\" -exec chown us:us {} \\;[/gloworange] [glowpurple]Trust No One[/glowpurple][shadow] Use Hardened Gentoo [/shadow]
    CATAPULTAM HABEO. NISI PECUNIAM OMNEM MIHI DABIS, AD CAPUT TUUM SAXUM IMMANE MITTAM