Thread: winnt.sif

winnt.sif

How to configure recovery console so that it will be possible to run other programs like unzip.exe , zip.exe, 7za etc.

I tested with zipping and unzipping of wininst_folders from BartCD and it works, but I want to do same thing from console.

I installed recovery console from WinCD.

==My OS==
    WinXP pro SP2
    // too far away outside of limit

Can't you just put those files somewhere and navigate to that place through the console?

File are in the windows systemroot:
    %windir% c:\windows
    But I not able to run them efter I loggin.

I have no permission to do that and can use just allowed command that can be listed with "help".
    I want to avoid this limitation and be able to run other programs from the HD.

I do not know if it is exist some other way to register programs that I want to use or disble limitations.

----------
    Windows not allowing as standard to run whatever you want from recovery console.
    I want to know how to go around this problem.

The files being in systemroot might be the problem. I would just make a separate folder in C:\ and set the permissions to allow everyone access. You should be able to navigate there in the recovery console and run anything you want.

I tested that but it is still not working for me.

Is that some way to go around of quiestions about what windows installation to login?
    Can it login into "youself"?