winxp pro

Thread: winxp pro

winxp pro

Hi all, Anyone know how to fix a .ink problem every icon on my screen has changed, Im able to get a browser open though, i think some how i blocked everything with ad-aware lol, and now im stuck i cant even open ad-aware back up, thanks, Trying not to have to format for something that seems so simple

Can we see a screenshot? Have you tried deleteing all shortcuts then just making them again ? What programs cant u run ? WHat do the icons look like ? What error do you get when you try to open one ?
    StreetsCrack.com Join The Best Music Social Network Online. Music downloads, promotions, forums, profile, games etc...

when it first boots up it says forget me not.ink cannot start, lol, whatever that is, but far as running anything like hijackthis or anything im screwed because it takes me to a window for a file to open it.

Make sure the folder for Hijackthis is still in the Programs Files folder on your local disk, maybe it got deleted, thats what usualy messes shortcuts up. If its not, just locate the .exe file for hijackthis when the window pops up when u double click the shortcut and the shortcut will be fixed.

or go to msconfig and disable forget me not.lnk from starting up ( or maybe it will say FMRemind.exe)....

i ahve to go poop now, i'll think better after that, reply with your finds ? have you done a virus scan ?
    StreetsCrack.com Join The Best Music Social Network Online. Music downloads, promotions, forums, profile, games etc...

as crazy as this sounds i can't even open msconfig I've came to notice i can't open any exe files but i can open everything else,

What error do you get when u try to open msconfig ? This is weird, sounds like a virus imo. do an online scan if you can open any exe files. or try safe mode, maybe something at startup is fu*kin them up.

http://housecall.trendmicro.com/hous...start_corp.asp (online virus scan)

windows cannot open this file : msconfig lol, wtf right, im am running a online scan and have found 1 virus so far

well Thanks for all the hlp copyright, Guess Im going to format anyways, I apreciate it though homie LOL