Domain Functionality Level in WS2003

Thread: Domain Functionality Level in WS2003

Domain Functionality Level in WS2003

Ok so I am trying to raise the functional level of two server 2003 boxes that were upgraded from 2000. ADprep was run before either box was upgraded to 2003.

It will not allow me to raise the functional level as it still reads both machines in LDAP as being windows 2000 boxes.

When I try to edit msDS-Behavior-Version in adsiedit.mmc i get a "refferal was returned by the server", but the interger value for the attribute doesn't stick!

Help! Anyone had any experience with this? I guess this is what I get for upgrading rather than a fresh install.
    kr5kernel
    (kr5kernel at hotmail dot com)
    Linux: Making Penguins Cool Since 1994.

Regal Making Handler
    Got me book out..
    Did you run adprep on both the "schema master and the infrastructure master" They may be on the box??
    What happens if a big asteroid hits the Earth? Judging from realistic simulations involving a sledge hammer and a common laboratory frog, we can assume it will be pretty bad. - Dave Barry

sure did. Im stumped.
    kr5kernel
    (kr5kernel at hotmail dot com)
    Linux: Making Penguins Cool Since 1994.

Regal Making Handler
    Did you remove the schema master from the network befor running adprep /forestprep?
    The replication can take hours, longer on large networks.

Edit
    Thats about the scope of my knowledge, have a look at this link:

http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;555040
    What happens if a big asteroid hits the Earth? Judging from realistic simulations involving a sledge hammer and a common laboratory frog, we can assume it will be pretty bad. - Dave Barry