Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Force of Reason

The Force of Reason

ROME (Reuters) - A judge has ordered best-selling writer and journalist Oriana Fallaci to stand trial in her native Italy on charges she defamed Islam in a recent book.

Fallaci lives in New York and has regularly provoked the wrath of Muslims with her outspoken criticism of Islam following the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks on U.S. cities.

In "La Forza della Ragione," Fallaci wrote that terrorists had killed 6,000 people over the past 20 years in the name of the Koran and said the Islamic faith "sows hatred in the place of love and slavery in the place of freedom."

"It is the first time a judge has ordered a trial for defamation of the Islamic faith," he (Armando Grasso) told reporters. "But this isn't just about defamation. We would also like (the court) to recognize that this is an incitement to religious hatred."

Justice Minister Roberto Castelli, who has a *****ly relationship with the Italian judiciary, said the ruling represented an attack on freedom of expression.

"In Europe we are seeing the birth of a movement that is looking to silence those who don't follow a single mindset, within which it is forbidden to speak ill of Islam, of homosexuals or of the children of homosexuals," Castelli was quoted as saying in an interview with Radio Padania.
    sounds kind of familiar!

Just weeks after the Sept. 11 attacks, Fallaci published "La Rabbia e l'Orgoglio" ("The Rage and the Pride"), in which she said the West was superior to Islamic society and complained that Muslim immigrants had "multiplied like rats."

The book sold more than one million copies in Italy and at least 500,000 elsewhere in Europe.
    and to show the west just how wrong she is when it comes to Islam:

Fallaci received numerous death threats following its launch and "La Forza della Ragione" was billed as her response to the outpouring of anger.
    Full Story
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

Ahh the continuing modern spawn of social fascism. And those who support it's arrival.
    West of House
    You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
    There is a small mailbox here.

They call me the Hunted foxyloxley's Avatar
    or of the children of homosexuals

I read it, and can only see that 'hatred' is a one way street........

'THEY' [insert practically ANYONE'S name here] can say and do as they like against the western ways, but to even THINK 'bad' about THEM [see quote from THEY] is a court case in waiting ...........

I'm no Nazi / Communist / anything with a label / anarchist [is that a label - designer anarchy ]
    BUT I can see that there HAS to be a breaking point - in this case it's apt to say the straw that broke the camel's back.

THEY will continue to push their idealism:
    We [that's us that is] will continue to allow them the full protection of the very laws that THEY despise.

History shows what happens next :

Only nowadays, EVERYONE pays
    so now I'm in my SIXTIES FFS
    WTAF, how did that happen, so no more alterations to the sig, it will remain as is now

Beware of Geeks bearing GIF's
    come and waste the day :P at The Taz Zone

Not to mention the trend in EuroStats that portray an ever increasing decline in population to where current levels can only be maintained by severe imigration. This is from both Euro stats and United Nations reporting and modeling I have seen. Then given that current generations European;s do not get married and do not have children, the birth rate now is a tiny bit of 10 babes per 1000 peeps. So I think since Muslims have like 5 kids per every 2 married adults, by the time I am 60 or so you guys are going to be up **** creek. This is over simplified but there is some common sense in here. With the rate of imigration it will require to maintain the current EU economy the minority will be current EU citizens.
    West of House
    You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.

Frustrated Mad Scientist
    Birth rates is a big issue in Scotland at the moment. We've got a rapidly reducing population due to a low birth rate and a lot of emmigration (no wonder, I nearly drowned walking to work yesterday).

The Executive are trying to increase the amount of immigration to Scotland the problem being immigration is a hot topic down south but for the opposite reason, too many. So the Executive is at odds with Westminster who pretty much only talks to the SE of England.

What I've wondered is why the Executive has never said a word about trying to encourage people to have more kids. I think they've forgotton we can breed as well. I've no objection to immigration as such especially if we can cherry pick who comes in but I'd rather the indigenous population was given some incentives to drop a couple extra sprogs. Tax breaks for families with 2 or more childres etc.

Simple: because the votes from the imigrants are more important than his country. OK that's an American point of view since I don't know about your executive but that seems to be the current trend. Even if you start having more babies, which isn't going to really happen. There is a gap that cannot be recended. Perhaps a 10 to 20 year gap and it's comming. The face of political power will change drastically beginning perhaps in 2030.
    West of House

Banned
    Ahh the continuing modern spawn of social fascism. And those who support it's arrival.
    Social fascism... LOL. What a concept...
    Mussolini was as right-wing as they come, and Berlusconi is keeping up with that tradition. I don't expect anything else from a government led by a man who's been under in investigation for fraud numerous times (the only way he got out from under them was by making immunity laws - how convenient) and owns 90% of the media in the country.

I came in to the world with nothing. I still have most of it.

Yeah, and Hitler was as left wing as they come. Mussolini got what he deserved the fascist POS.. I am going to have to read up on this Berlusconi fellow.
    West of House

I wish the Middle East would just incur a dramatic technological modernization overnight. Spirituality there is so much different than in the west. Here we have countless types of more leisure, access to information/opinions, diverse cultures, etc. Over in the middle east, alot of them have nothing but religon--so that becomes their entire life. Put one and one together and you have a fanatic/zealot spawning ground.
    \"Greatness only comes at great risk.\" ~ Personal/Generic