Thread: Remote connection

Remote connection

I need remote connection to a certain network, i have tryied RDP, but after i scanned with Nessus, he recomended to shutdown this service because is possible to a man in the middle attack, or a dicionary attack.

But i realy need this access, so what would be the solution?
    VPN ???
    I need access to admin services from servers, or even help users trought VNC.
    What would you recomend?
    This a Frame relay tecnology... and its pointing to a server where the services are listening.

If you really are in the position to have authorised administrative remote access to the servers on the network ......... should'nt you really know how to do something like this in the first place?

personally i think a VPN is your best bet and you can use VNC accross the tunnel to help users on the network but without knowing your setup it's hard to say.

you could always connect to your computer on the network and work from there using pcAnywhere accross the phone lines but pca is rather slow and therefore extremely frustrating on ppp.
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

Use VPN or SSL VPN

I think that you should use either VPN or SSL VPN if that is supported. Also after doing a VPN you can use VNC to control the other machines on the netwrok if you have the enough permissions to do that.
    There is no such thing as impossible as the possible lies within the impossible

At the company I'm working at we have one account to GoToMyPC then from my main PC I can remote desktop with the servers or anyother computer I need without the worry of security. JH

allot of folks seem to love GoToMyPC. Besides the fact that there is a monthly charge for the service im really uncomfortable with the fact that people i never see allow access to my network...even if it is citrix.
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

allot of folks seem to love GoToMyPC. Besides the fact that there is a monthly charge for the service im really uncomfortable with the fact that people i never see allow access to my network...even if it is citrix.
    I agree... The more links you have in your chain the higher chance of having a "weakest link."

Having said that...Yuris, what type of service do you support?

If it is network you should know how to handle this...
    (I would have to agree with everyone and have you go with VPN. The VPN should be set up on your network devices, if supported, for extra security, I've never liked software VPN solutions.)

If it is Server, contact your network admin.
    (Did you recently have connection and now all the sudden you dont? If this is the case you may want to check your networking devices for tampering)
    "Experience is the hardest teacher, it gives the test first and the lesson after." Anonymous