Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bittorrent programs

See those flashing dates on this thread. It's old, 14 months old. Don't reply to threads with flashing dates.

How do i download torrents from an FTP!!!
    You don't. You use a torrent app. Read the thread more closely.

Newbie here, take it easy on me
    Hell, isn't it?
    “Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects.” — Will Rogers

Torrents are like this. One person has the file on thier computer. They began to "seed" or share the file. They do this by connecting to whats called a "tracker". The tracker lists all of the people sharing/downloading the file. When you download the torrent and start it, you connect to the tracker, and get a list of "peers". Each peer you connect to gives you part of the file, not the whole file. The more peers you connect to, the more parts you get at the same time making the download faster. At the same time, you are uploading the file to others.

I reccomend utorrent. Its lightweight and very stable. http://www.utorrent.com
    [gloworange]And then it happened... a door opened to a world... rushing through the phone line like heroin through an addict\'s veins, an electronic pulse is sent out, a refuge from the day-to-day incompetencies is sought... a board is found. \"This is it... this is where I belong...\" I know everyone here... even if I\'ve never met them, never talked to them, may never hear from them again... I know you all...[/gloworange]