Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How do you protect against Airpwn

T3h Ch3F

Sorry Off Topic......

Statement.

I remember DoppleGanger as a peer, a while back.

We have had our differences in the past few days, yet my intentions were to make Dopp realize that it is very important to be responsible as fellow member.

I have not always, or ever been the model of information, and self control, so I would be remiss to classify myself as a Model of AO society, yet I beleive that the bullS$%t should be kept to a Minimum. I am in most cases a Lurker, yet I have managed to stay within the guidelines set out by AO, both while JP was around and beyond.

I have communicated in a very positive way with Dopp, and we have taken the high road.

I am glad to support him as a part of AO.

On the other hand...................

barrywilliams []
    Banned

Barry Sig-
    "you confused me with someone who gives a flying **** about antipoints."

No Barry you confused yourself that we would not use them to get rid of your impotent ass.

---End Rant

Get some good religion from Bad Religion.

Master-Jedi-Pimps0r & Moderator thehorse13's Avatar
    OK, so back to the question, you can also use EAP-FAST and there will be no issue with this tool. AirPwn is geared to abuse those who deserve it. Using static WEP or a poorly configured WAP will earn you a fresh look up the arse of GOATSE.

--TH13
    Our scars have the power to remind us that our past was real. -- Hannibal Lecter.
    Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful. -- John Wooden

I picked up a couple books on wardriving from barnes and nobles it well help you defend and protect your netowork or others.

AO Senior Cow-beller
    Originally posted here by r3dskyy
    I picked up a couple books on wardriving from barnes and nobles it well help you defend and protect your netowork or others.
    Uh, how exactly will Airpwn do that?

== Off Topic ==

Horse13 and IronGeek, I happen to be sitting in the main conference room at the FISC at this very moment, enjoying my morning caffeine infusion and waiting for Maj. General Dale Meyerrose, HQ NORCOM to offer todays keynote address.

Your suggestion is almost overpowering my will to be a good boy. Not only is it an InfoSec conference...it's a bunch of DoD, stuffed shirt, military it and security, national defense, or defense industry types. The collective pucker factor of the sphincters in this room is staggering.

Can you SEE the look on these folks faces if good 'ole GOATSE came up? During a presentation?!?!?

/me falls over dead with laughter
    "Data is not necessarily information. Information does not necessarily lead to knowledge. And knowledge is not always sufficient to discover truth and breed wisdom." --Spaf
    Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made president should on no account be allowed to do the job. --Douglas Adams (1952-2001)
    "...people find it far easier to forgive others for being wrong than being right." - Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore

King Tutorial-ankhamun
    In that case, see my latest tutorial are doing the same thing as Airpwn, but with Ettercap. Ettercap is a lot easier to get running.

http://www.irongeek.com/i.php?page=s...ettercapfilter

AO Senior Cow-beller
    Originally posted here by Irongeek
    In that case, see my latest tutorial are doing the same thing as Airpwn, but with Ettercap. Ettercap is a lot easier to get running.

http://www.irongeek.com/i.php?page=s...ettercapfilter

Dude, you are a seriously bad influence! There are some scary people in this room. This is practically a conference for spooks.
    "Data is not necessarily information. Information does not necessarily lead to knowledge. And knowledge is not always sufficient to discover truth and breed wisdom." --Spaf
    Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made president should on no account be allowed to do the job. --Douglas Adams (1952-2001)
    "...people find it far easier to forgive others for being wrong than being right." - Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore

King Tutorial-ankhamun
    Give us a review of the conference when it's done. Was it open to the public?

From the site it seems like it was.

If you going to do it, don't do it with goatse...

Also:

"This unique 2-day event will present information security tools and techniques available to assist Information Security professionals working in the Federal government. "

Nessus, nmap, and ethreal for the win!

At least that's what I use...I bet a couple bucks that "IA" vendors are there pushing expensive software.

Makes me wish I had gone on the C. Springs trip this week.
    Tachyon

|-----|Alcohol is my anti-drug |-----|

Master-Jedi-Pimps0r & Moderator thehorse13's Avatar
    Well I've been to many conferences like the one you are at. I always throw up a webserver with GOATSE. I don't care if I'm at the DoD, DHS, White House or wherever. I feed the logs out reatime so I can see exactly when I'm getting hits on the site and then I look around for the reaction. Truly simplistic and extremely amusing all at the same time.
    Our scars have the power to remind us that our past was real. -- Hannibal Lecter.
    Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful. -- John Wooden

thehorse13: You can do that with a normal face? If I did that... everyone would know it was me. I wouldn't be able to hold back and I'd probably get a hernia from laughing so hard.
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.