Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Members Info

New Members Info

Worth mentioning one more time...

AO is a community of diverse individuals from all walks of life, careers, experience levels, etc. And just like the real world some issues will spring up. However we are more than adequately monitored by the Moderators and the other Members.

When you enter a new city do you immediately instruct that community on how they should act and respond? Probably not because you would be tossed out on your keester. Before complaining about OUR community, that you know absolutely nothing about, set back and learn the lay of the land first. After awhile your will find out just how very educational this site is.

Now as with most communities we have guidelines and obviously it's very important that you read and understand them. This will better prepare you during your initial entry. They can be found in the Site FAQ, Newbie Questions, and the Tutorials. In fact there is even a guide for what not to do when writing a Tutorial. This is a very important read. If after 20 or 30 constructive posts you desire to contribute a tutorial, review that particular document for guidance and correct yours as necessary before submitting it. Do not create a tutorial that is a personal complaint session or something geared towards new members. The reasons for the latter are clearly described in the tutorial and a tutorial is not the forum for the first. There are other mediums in place for submitting concerns. Follow the guidelines.

Your constructive contributions are most heartly welcome.

cheers
    Connection refused, try again later.

Im sorry but i think we have enough stickys of these kind of thread, nobody reads them anyways i didnt read the FAQ or anything, you'll get the way we work, and n00bs would evetualy if we don't neg them to hell when they post something wrong their first 3 posts.....

JMO
    O.G at A.O

DAMMIT ©opy®ight YOU'RE WRONG!!!!!!

Heh... we usually kill em before their 3rd post....

The major problem that new members usually cast aside any kind of instructional reading or any releated threads ... believing that it is useless and unnecessary .... We can't obligate anyone to read anything .... but as an supportive step, AO email system can send an email to every new member that has finalized his registration, with all instructions and directive info, whether as link or in the email body.

If any n00b don't care ... I think we have to roll our sleeves and use our weapon ... Negging, I mean.... I don't think that we have much to do in this regard ...

My thoughts ...

Cheers
    \"The only truly secure system is one that is powered off, cast in a block of concrete and sealed in a lead-lined room with armed guards - and even then I have my doubts\".....Spaf
    Everytime I learn a new thing, I discover how ignorant I am.- ... Black Cluster

T3h Ch3F

????????????

Can I cry now or should I wait for a while?

AO is comprised of a very diverse group of two (2) kinds of people, *******s and cool ppl.

For the *******s list please observe to the Recently, and close to being banned lists.

Althought the banned list includes *******s who are currently recovering former members.

Hehe

I love all a yas!
    Get some good religion from Bad Religion.

I'm a recovering former member. Sort of. lol.

EDIT: Everyone knows who I am... :P I'm the same asshat I was.

Old Fart
    Originally posted here by ©opy®ight
    Im sorry but i think we have enough stickys of these kind of thread, nobody reads them anyways i didnt read the FAQ or anything...

Ahhhh....now I understand...
    Al
    It isn't paranoia when you KNOW they're out to get you...

Re: ????????????

AO is comprised of a very diverse group of two (2) kinds of people, *******s and cool ppl.
    Galdron, you need to visit here more frequently. Nowadays only the first group are present on AO.
    Meu sítio

FORMAT C: Yes ...Yes??? ...Nooooo!!! ^C ^C ^C ^C ^C
    If I die before I sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to encrypt.
    If I die before I wake, I pray the Lord my soul to brake.

My mom says Im cool =/
    Everyone is going to die, I am just as good of a reason as any.

http://think-smarter.blogspot.com

Originally posted here by XTC46
    My mom says Im cool =/
    She lies. But She is your mother and at least she must tell you that.
    Meu sítio

FORMAT C: Yes ...Yes??? ...Nooooo!!! ^C ^C ^C ^C ^C
    If I die before I sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to encrypt.
    If I die before I wake, I pray the Lord my soul to brake.