Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ASP.Net Question

Ninja Code Monkey
    I think you need to take the time and do a couple of very important things:
    1) Learn asp.net and web application development
    2) Learn how to use a database with said web application
    3) Learn proper analysis and design
    "When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes." - Erasmus
    "There is no programming language, no matter how structured, that will prevent programmers from writing bad programs." - L. Flon
    "Mischief my ass, you are an unethical moron." - chsh
    Blog of X

Hi all,
    thanx chsh..
    Really I've cancelled the idea of client side scripts because of security reasons...
    The reason I've thought abt it is that I don't mean to publish this site on the web, It was for a certain small project...
    Abt server side I've used a useful method that did a good work:
    HttpResponse.AppendHeader();
    Thanks again

Dear Juridian,
    Thanx for help...
    By the way: I didn't say that I'm a programming expert, I need to learn many things...
    I asked for help, so u can either help others with your knowledge if you have any, or just don't annoy yourself by registering such discussion forums that has such beginner users, you can establish your own forum and spend time storming ur brain abt your big missions...
    Thanx again

Ninja Code Monkey
    I listed the steps you need to go through legitimately. I'm not trying to provoke you or anything else you may read into it. You do not have a good enough understanding of what you are trying to do yet, I think you need to go back and learn the basics first and then try it.

It's far easier to build your dog house after reading the instructions and learning the tools than it is to go in and start cutting random pieces of wood and gluing things together (especially when it requires a hammer and nails).
    "When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes." - Erasmus
    "There is no programming language, no matter how structured, that will prevent programmers from writing bad programs." - L. Flon
    "Mischief my ass, you are an unethical moron." - chsh
    Blog of X

I realize this post is a bit late, but I thought I'd add a tidbit of information.

If you're interested in controlling client-side events or invoking client-side javascript functions from the server-sided ASP.NET, the you might consider using the hyped-up AJAX method. A free ASP.NET Ajax library is freely available at http://ajax.schwarz-interactive.de/c...e/default.aspx , and has several demonstrations of a server-side script calling client-side functions.

Cheers,
    Mase
    I\'m back.