Thread: faster and more efficient computers

faster and more efficient computers

UC Irvine scientists in The Henry Samueli School of Engineering have demonstrated for the first time that carbon nanotubes can route electrical signals on a chip faster than traditional copper or aluminum wires, at speeds of up to 10 GHz. The breakthrough could lead to faster and more efficient computers, and improved wireless network and cellular phone systems, adding to the growing enthusiasm about nanotechnology’s revolutionary potential.
    http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...0609230603.htm
    World's Fastest Method For Sending Data In Cell Phones, Computers Created With Nanotubes

carbon nanotubes
    the panacea for the TerraHertz pc's .. well we will get mnay Gigahertz of CPU clock.. coupled with Multi core cpu's we will have a desktop pc with the through put equal to a single cpu at 1 THz in a few years.. multi-TB HDDs, perhaps even a TB of RAM or a RAM Drive...

there are ENG cameras with 2 - 10 GB solid state storage (useing SD media Cards).. so with what is on the horizon is exciting.. and the potential for greater is even more exciting..
    "Consumer technology now exceeds the average persons ability to comprehend how to use it..give up hope of them being able to understand how it works." - Me http://www.cybercrypt.co.nr

Undertaker your statement about multi-TB hard drive reminds me of an article I saw on the net somewhere. I believe the world's largest Hard drive for a desktop is I want to say somewhere between 1tb and 2tb. Which means only one thing. The RIAA will have me on the top of there list if I ever get that damn hard drive. Forget an Ipod, I would carry my desktop around with me everywhere. I would have ever song ever made on my comp. With room left for pr0n.

It is always believed that requirements push technology. Simply look at agrarian societies they had to push forward from hunting and gathering so that they could prosper and florish. But, it seems more often now, that technology makes requirements. Kind of reminds me of watching an episode of the Cosby's, they were talking about something, and at some point it was said, "Come on Mr. Megabyte, we are about to fill-up those megs on your computer." Now, this states that in this time frame megs worked out, but with the advancing of technology it further increased the need of size, and space needed.

Kind of similiar to undertakers signature.

"Consumer technology now exceeds the average persons ability to comprehend how to use it... give up home of them being able to understand how it works." -Undertaker-

Which is all true...

Now for my point of this post. Technology is fastly increasing past what most people would of ever dreamed possible. Let's just hope that technology just not get soo fast that we can't keep up.