Thread: Q. Books

Q. Books

We all reading books and for most of oss it is begining in security or?
    What security related books you can recommend?

What do you think comes first now: software/internet/onlineinfo OR books/studing/schools?

1) For newbies sec...
    "I think that this two will switch place soon."
    2) For network sec...

-=Windows Based OS's=-
    >>>-=Comps at all=-

Ouch barry...

anyway, I really liked the Mitnick book "The Art of Deception", it shows a much over looked side to network security: the human element.

In my humble experience though, hands on experience and training blows reading a book out of the water. Just my $0.02 though.
    kr5kernel
    (kr5kernel at hotmail dot com)
    Linux: Making Penguins Cool Since 1994.

I recomend buying one current book every month (or week if you can). Grab whatever os or topic catches your eye that day....in a short time you can have an extensive research/reference library to use as you encounter situations and need to gain additional info in resolving the issue.

Internet is great for info, but it's always nice to be able to take a book away from the screen to read!!
    Faqt

If you want to make God laugh....make plans.

$0.02 though
    Of course you liked his book... you clearly enjoy giving people money for nothing.

Actually I checked it out at my local library, where your tax dollars also contribute.
    kr5kernel
    (kr5kernel at hotmail dot com)
    Linux: Making Penguins Cool Since 1994.

I'd vouch for Exploiting Software or any other book out there for that matter before I would pick up on anything with mitnick's name in it. The title alone is direct and to the point, not alot of non-sense about ("eww... that user has his wallet hanging from one ass-cheek and his PDA in another. It'd be easy to social engineer him into beleaveing im a hot looking queer so he won't mind to much when I get close enought to grab at his ass for fun and profit".)

if you are going to fuggin spend hard earned cash on a book - spend it wise. the only books worth buying and reading are by these guys

http://www.auerbach-publications.com/home.asp

everything else is a load of horse $hit written by a bunch guys who just copy and paste from google searches.

jeez..... you are all dumb!

T3h Ch3F

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Die thread, Die!

Get some good religion from Bad Religion.