medical marijuana
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: medical marijuana

medical marijuana

Just when you think you can put the "left wingers" into one category
    and the "right wingers" in another, along comes an issue that scatters
    the categories. Supreme Court justice Scalia, one of the "right wingers"
    enthusiastically asserted that dope is evil, but get this from Clarence
    Thomas, usually considered Scalias closest ally.

"Respondents Diane Monson and Angel Raich use marijuana that has never been bought or sold, that has never crossed state lines, and that has had no demonstrable effect on the national market for marijuana," Justice Thomas wrote. "If Congress can regulate this under the Commerce Clause, then it can regulate virtually anything -- and the federal government is no longer one of limited and enumerated powers."
    http://www.washtimes.com/commentary/...2936-7709r.htm

BTW, the "left wingers" were also divided on this issue. In fact, I believe that
    marijuana is the one thing that defies a right or left classification. That and maybe
    motorcycles. LOL
    I came in to the world with nothing. I still have most of it.

Hmm, pot is evil? That's funny, God made it. And in the Bible it says that the Lord gives us all seed bearing plants for consumption. This is one of many problems with retard republicans and dumb ass democrats, they don't know **** but they think they do and everyone suffers from it. I brought this topic up the other day about those two woman who are pretty much being told to bad.

Can't please everyone. I think their biggest fear is, if you legalize it, where does it stop? Next theres going to be a cocaine lobbiest wanting it made legal, and heroine. Well you let weed be legal so we want this legal too. Stirs up a big pot.

None the less how happy would you be if they made it legal with say a restriction saying you had to be 21 or older to smoke it?

T̙͓̞̣̯ͦͭͅͅȂͧͭͧ̏̈͏̖̖Z̿ ͆̎̄
    Personally, I don't do any drugs of any kind...you pretty much have to hold me down just to take an asprin...I don't drink either...having said that...

I am a proponet of legalizing all drugs...and having them sold through prescription...at slightly above cost...

this would kill the drug trade because the drug trade is motivated by money not drugs...take away the profit you kill the trade...

make drugs accessible...you don't have as many people breaking into your house to steal your tv so they can buy drugs...

make them accessible only by prescription...you can assess the problem and have an accurate list of users and what they are taking...

it makes sense to me to legalize it this way and ' then ' deal with it.

Eg

No drugs were illegal in the USA until about 1900. It used to be the
    general theory that the gov't had to have a compelling
    reason in order to make something illegal, otherwise it was assumed
    to be the people's right to decide for themselves.

Since when did we submit to the belief that we only have the rights
    that they decide to give to us? Legalizing drugs would only restore
    the constitutional balance that once existed when this was a great
    and free nation.

Besides, the states would still have the power to ban it, so the non-smokers
    could go to their states (I wonder which), and the smokers could have theirs.
    Local option, just the same with alcohol or gambling.
    I came in to the world with nothing. I still have most of it.

Hi rcgreen,

As I said...we should legalize all drugs but in a controlled way...through prescription...because drugs are not the only issue here...if it was, that would be different...but...

there is the various criminal aspects of it as well that needs to be addressed...if ' everyone ' who did drugs and sold drugs only affected themselves...fine...

but that's not the reality.

The same can be said for alcohol...I've got no problem with someone who wants to go out and get wasted...but...the moment it interferes with my family or my freedom...that's where I draw the line.

Eg

Eg,

Unfortunatly what you said is a little short sighted. If you make it legal and available through prescription, this doesn't eliminate trafficing. The people that don't want to be traced, or can't get a prescription will still feed this. The profit will still be there for the sellers. The only thing you have done is taken the power away from the police to counteract it. Some kid who bought it from a dealer on the corner and is smoking it would be just as legit as someone who has a prescription. An office can't make an assumption about how he obtained it.

I'm not an advocate for not legalizing it, I can just see both sides. The gov't seems to have to protect citizens from themselves. If it was legal you'd end up having people coming to work high. I guess in this case its not even protecting people from themselves but from the problems that the abuse of others could create.

Hi zENGER,

I don't think I'm being short-sighted at all...I grew up with drugs...lots of drugs...it was the sixties...half my friends were dealing...and I've yet to meet a person who does drugs who, given the choice, wouldn't take a legal route where they can get their drugs for ' free ' or next to nothing...than buy them illegally for ten times the cost.

Eg

As for work...if you go to work drunk ( legal ) do they let you keep your job? Legalizing it would not allow you to go to work stoned.

I'm not saying that what I said would fix the problem...just that it would get a handle on it.

Greeings all,

Well here is one subject that is of great concern to me because it concerns me and my family..That being said,in short my wife has a terminal illness called SLE(Systemic Lupus Erythamatosis,also known as Lupus or sometimes called “the wolf illness”)There is no cure for it at this stage of the game and can only be suppressed with day to day medication such as ibuprofen,cortisone,and metotrexate which makes her feel like sh*t, and costs a fortune..

My question is this??In South Africa the drug called”dagga”can be used as a form of pain treatment , which can make her life and my family,s a hell of a lot easier..It is not legalized yet but if it can be be!!, and prescription controlled I am all for it.
    I do agree it can be misused as well but I think government can put measures in place to deal with that appropriately..I also think there is a wide range of other illnesses that can benefit from this.

Cheers
    vanman
    Practise what you preach.

Whos on my Home Grown bandwagon? Gore, most people who are extremely biased against drug use have seen it's destructive properties first hand. Nothing wrong with that and existing law enforcement people are doing what they are paid to do. Uphold the law, so we change it. Legalize drug use for adults, close the Mexican border, solve Iraq, Invest in alternative engergy, exlplore space. Thats my ideal presidente... oh and reform Social Secuity. Why are dems so against reforming a dying program BTW?

//EDIT when I say legalize drugs I am refering to homegrown drugs in the home. If you can't grow it, go to someone who can. People growing pot in a closet should not be going to jail, this is an issue out of control. The hardened criminals can still be put behind bars when they commit violent crimes, but the dude eating a twinkie watching scooby doo with a couple of counts of possession will go to the same jail.
    West of House
    You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
    There is a small mailbox here.