My Objective:
1. Host website on a wireless lan. Specifically a authorization/identification page.
2. Force connection to this site from inside the network.

My Tools:
Latest win distro of Apache web server.
Linksys WRT54G wireless router

What I've tried:
Setup the website just fine. Assinged it to 192.168.1.100:8080. Then I configured my router to port foward all connections besides my own to the address. (sloppy i know, but i wanted to check it real quick) Jumped on a buddy's computer, and it didnt work. After lurking the net for some help I figured out that my port forwarding AND loopback function did not work on my router. Turns out that my firmware had a huge bug in it. I came across a rather interesting story about crazy programmer,Sveasoft, harassing a website owner for posting firmware code that is under GPL.
I know that I am not expirenced enough to be going around flashing firmware here and there, but I will not rule out this option completely. I do not believe I will be able to accomplish my objective with just my router.

I can only think of one possible way to get this to work. I can create and host my own DNS server, and point my router to it. This I am not too froggy about, considering that the webserver was more than I have ever done before. However, I will do what is necessary to achieve my goal.

My Question:
Is there a easier way to do this? I certainly would like to know before becoming my own little ISP eheh.