Thread: Suse installation problem

Suse installation problem

when trying to install suse pro 9.3 on a compaq 5000 series desktop, after i choose to install and "things are loaded" the screen goes from black with text, to a staticky image. could this be due to unsupported hardware? i have an onboard vid card. i can successfully install suse on other computers in myroom.

Ummm I have an idea, how about we pretend for a minute you were very descriptive and told exactly what was ging on so I could answer this properly? Now, I would then say "Well, that graphics card is not supported but SUSE tries to use it so you don't have to buy another one and waste money".

Of course this is just for pretend.

If it works on those but not that box, yes I'd guess hardware first. Just because it's integreated doesn't mean it won't work, but if you really want a good experience, get a decent well known Nvidia card. Hell, get a Riva TNT2.

Banned
    I bet it'd work in Windows
    "Unsupported hardware" just sound so Linux-y....

I bet it would only work on the copy of Windows the computer CAME with. You ever done that? Installed a copy of XP that isn't the one it came with? NOTHING integrated works. **** even real cards barely work.