Earth's “Bigger Cousin” Detected
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Earth's “Bigger Cousin” Detected

Banned

Earth's “Bigger Cousin” Detected

http://www.space.com/scienceastronom...per_earth.html

(its star) Gliese 876 in the constellation Aquarius.

Tonight I saw what I think was ISS. It was a satellite for sure, though it was headed toward Area51! What luck.

http://img57.echo.cx/img57/5268/10cv.jpg

That's interesting. As stated in the article most extra solar planets are gas giants. And to top that off they are closer to their stars than our planetary formation theories allow.
    West of House
    You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
    There is a small mailbox here.

Banned
    Hubble’s a piece of **** compared to what is about to be launched by NASA before 2010! Of course I have to mention that Hubble is light-years ahead of everyone on Earth. America’s NASA will be releasing four or five new satellites before 2010. These are top of the line of course. Some of the new satellites will be concentrating on some of the Galaxy’s in this image. . They’re looking for new planets around stars. A scientist said that image Hubble took there is like looking through a drinking straw at night at the stars.

Well we’ve discovered what, 1% of 1% of jack-****! It truly is not built on human scale or time. Wow, how primitive we are! We’ve found a rocky planet! Yeah, there’s probably what, 3^27 / 3^(3^3) of them out there just like ours?

At least the Euros are chipping in now with the EU!

Frustrated Mad Scientist
    This is a little old but might be of interest.

It's about some new Ground based telecopes, the ELT (extremely large telescope), TMT (30m Telescope) and the proposed OWL (overwhelmingly large telescope).

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/4426535.stm

I personally have developed plans for the RFBT (really ****ing big telescope) and the HSTTFET (Holy **** that thing is ****ing enormous telescope).

NASA is launching a large scale planet finding mission that will intensify over the next 10 years or so.

Wow, how primitive we are! We’ve found a rocky planet! Yeah, there’s probably what, 3^27 / 3^(3^3) of them out there just like ours?
    Yeah we think so but actually finding them is a different matter and so far they have been scarce. And this planet is the closest we've got which is actually nothing like ours outside of an iron core and a mantle. Wait until we actually see one, which has not happened yet to my knowledge. We've only just started finding planet so hell yes it's exciting. We figured they were there but... now we know through the interaction of other objects and what we know about relativity, gravity, dobbler shift and what signatures elements have in the light spectrum. I think it was Hubble that provided the ability to detect planets in solar systems light years away. And this is ONLY our part of a single galaxy.
    West of House
    You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.

Banned
    It's sad, but a lot of people think that our Galaxy is the "Universe". They haven't a clue that our main sequence star is only one star out of 100 billion stars in our own Galaxy. On top of that, our Galaxy is one very tiny galaxy and it's only one out of 5,000,000,000.00 Galaxies. Personally I think it's more. I know, sometimes I wish everyone knew the amount of atomic energy in matter; let's say just a measly gram. If they only could fathom the amount of energy needed to create "space", hell, if I knew! Time for a rant

[rant] "This is a forum dealing with mathematical problems, etc." It's called Cosmos, yet there's no way to efficiently type the Greek alphabet. How the hell do you expect someone to type out mathematical problems when we don't have the code available for them? Who's in charge of this joint? I'm requesting for the masses Greek "symbols" etc...
    Code:

Matrices, arrays, etc...
    Binary Operations.
    Functions.
    Over and underlining.
    Arrows.(important in Geo)  
    Relations.
    “Large” Operators.
    Miscellaneous Symbols.
    Greek letters.
    Delimiters.
    Roots.
    [/end legit rant]

Anyway, handicapped at the keyboard we might be able to give a crude example.
    Say you weigh 45.45 kilograms /100 pounds: the E= you have in you is the equivalent to 78,000 excact:78.6535 atomic bombs dropped on Japan. You can get that by using E=mc^2(if you will, we have a handicap here)

Energy = Mass x (SOL) squared
    E=(45.45)X(3X10^8)^2
    4.09 X 10^18 Joules of energy.

Code:
    A kilogram of mass completely converts into

* 89,875,517,873,681,764 joules or
        * 24,965,421,632 kilowatt-hours or
        * 21.48076431 megatons of TNT
    As for the (BMF) bad mofo telescopes: Ground is cool, but when you're getting interference from the solar wind it sucks.... One day we might have one out of it. Absorbing light in a vacuum is better than light in medium I assume.

We are in a collapsed black hole; its event horizon has collapsed on itself. This black hole is in another black hole, which contains a many of black holes. Dark matter is the equivalent to collapsed black holes in a continuum. If you calculate this using Kepler's Modified Third Law of Planetary Motion, you'll find the math backing my statements. The Radiation Era = event horizon, colliding matter. The "Dark Ages" = passage of event horizon. Thus we are thrown into a Q continuum. One Q has brought us here.

'Einstein pictured space as a three-dimensional version of a thin rubber sheet. If you put a heavy object on the sheet, it makes a dent, and therefore an object's path would be affected by that dent. So, planets orbit the sun because the space around the sun is curved in the 2-D equivalent of a funnel or basin.' This explains the spreading of the universe. When all matter is collected from the void we will experience a cap Omega. After this event, the "universe will collapse on itself creating a paradox of sorts. A constant of fluxing has always been "natures way".

Frustrated Mad Scientist
    We are in a collapsed black hole; its event horizon has collapsed on itself. This black hole is in another black hole, which contains a many of black holes. Dark matter is the equivalent to collapsed black holes in a continuum. If you calculate this using Kepler's Modified Third Law of Planetary Motion, you'll find the math backing my statements. The Radiation Era = event horizon, colliding matter. The "Dark Ages" = passage of event horizon. Thus we are thrown into a Q continuum. One Q has brought us here.
    Nope I'd be lying if I said I got that
    I struggle with a lot of cosmology but I do find it facinating.

Was there not a NASA plan to develop a group of space telecopes that could work together in a cluster (interferometer?) and that they were going to put them out by the orbit of Jupiter?

After this event, the "universe will collapse on itself creating a paradox of sorts.
    Or not...
    West of House

Banned
    Originally posted here by RoadClosed
    Or not...
    Jesus christ road, that truly is what I think dark matter is. You can't see its electromagnetic radiation because it's somewhere in the fabric of "space", (because of the collapse of a blackhole)! You have to try and see my point here!***this is copyrighted,all of this.***

Have you ever watched the movie "The Neverending Story"?

NASA Missions take your pick http://www.nasa.gov/missions/timelin..._missions.html
    Billions worth.

When were they supposed to end ASP? The planet scopes I was referring to are supposed to be 100+ times more powerful than Hubble.

NASA is launching a large scale planet finding mission that will intensify over the next 10 years or so.
    We must be getting low on oil! Gonna go out and find another gas station.

They haven't a clue that our main sequence star is only one star out of 100 billion stars in our own Galaxy. On top of that, our Galaxy is one very tiny galaxy and it's only one out of 5,000,000,000.00 Galaxies.
    Now that makes me feel like a pimple on a flea's butt!

None-the-less, thanks for the enlightenment!

cheers
    Connection refused, try again later.