problem with my favorites
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: problem with my favorites

AO's Resident Redneck The Texan's Avatar

problem with my favorites

hi, the problem im having is kinda strange. somehow, im not sure how but my favorites list in IE has got deleted but, all of my favorites are still saved in firefox whew! well i want to import them back to IE and i have tried to use the import wizard without sucess i have also tried a system restore with no sucess... any ideas? i running XP Pro. thanx
    Git R Dun - Ty
    A tribe is wanted

Just Another Geek
    Have a look at Firefox's extensions. There are a few that allow you to synchronize your bookmarks between IE en FF. These should allow you to copy your bookmarks back and forth..
    Oliver's Law:
    Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

They call me the Hunted foxyloxley's Avatar
    ARE they deleted ?
    or is it 'just' the link ?

they are normally in C:\Documents and Settings\[your ID]\Favorites !!

luck to you ...........
    55 - I'm fiftyfeckinfive and STILL no wiser,
    OLDER yes
    Beware of Geeks bearing GIF's
    come and waste the day :P at The Taz Zone

well when i start IE and click on favorites there arent any links in there but i will check where u told me to look at see if they are still there... and i did try the firefox extentions with no luck this is the error msg i got: The FavoriteSync windows app didnt install it will work anyway but wont detect the changes and will have the following result: bookmarks will only update from firefox, if updates are made to favorites the are overwritten when the bookmarks are updated in firefox. well anyway it didnt work when i tried it. anything else to try? but i appreciate the help anyway.

p.s. I tried foxyloxley suggestion and this is getting weirder by the minute. i found where my favorites are stored but they arent all there! some of them are but most of them arent and i tried to import that folder using the import wizard with no sucess either. so the only place that my favorites are complete is firefox and as of yet i cant seem to import them back to IE.
    Git R Dun - Ty
    A tribe is wanted

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    So, dare I ask, what unsolicited software is running on your machine right now?
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

i would hope there is no spyware of any kind of my machine i run many many scans for that lol.. adaware,spybot,MS anti spyware beta,virus scans lol.. im super parnoid about that stuff.... well i guess as long as my favorites are still in firefox i can live with it, its just some pages dont work exactly right with firefox and that is what bothers me... i do like tabbed browsing though
    Git R Dun - Ty
    A tribe is wanted

One thing you may not have tried?

Open Firefox and try to export the bookmarks into your IE bookmarks file. I think that is the other way round from what you have tried so far?

ok, i finally got that program called favoritesync to install correctly but i still cant get it to work... i press "import favorites from firefox to IE" and nothing happens! also to Nihil's suggestion firefox has an import button like u can import stuff from IE but, no way to export to IE. thanx anyway though...
    Git R Dun - Ty
    A tribe is wanted

Ah!

I am not using Firefox at the moment, this is Mozilla 1.7. Try getting that and getting your favourites out of Firefox and exporting them to IE? Moz has an export option

ok i will DL mozilla and see if that helps... thanx for being patient thru all my problems lol... when i have problems they just seem to pile up on each other...
    Git R Dun - Ty
    A tribe is wanted