This post in in context of some great fun tutorials written by IronGeek[1] and Neutron[2]. And I would appreciate if both IronGeek and Neutron could reply to this thread. I was going through IronGeek's tutorial of cracking cached domain/Active directory NTLM hashes (lsass) with a patch applied to JTR. I intend to crack these NTLM hashes by means of a password cracking cluster [2] (Neutron's tutorial) using clusterKnoppix. But Neutron did it using Cisilia and the patch for cracking NTLM hashes is actually developed for JTR (as mentioned in IronGeek's tutorial). How can I make Cisilia to crack these NTLM hashes in a distributed environment OR how can I compile JTR (with the patch) to work in a distributed environment.

I have googled distributed JTR, but i want to knw that would it be a good option if i compile a distributed JTR (i.e. DJohn with the patch released for cracking NTLM hashes. I hope I am making myself clear enough.

Thank you
Omer Khushnood

[1] Irongeek's -- Tutorial:Cracking Cached Domain/Active Directory Passwords on Windows XP/2000/2003

[2]NeuTron's -- How To Make a Password Cracking Cluster