Hamachi - Fast, Easy, Simple VPN

Thread: Hamachi - Fast, Easy, Simple VPN

Hamachi - Fast, Easy, Simple VPN

Hello all,

This app was brought to my attention in another forum, and I thought I would share it with all of you.

Hamachi VPN

From the site:
    How Hamachi Works

Hamachi is a UDP-based virtual private networking system. Its peers utilize the help of a 3rd node called mediation server to locate each other and to boot strap the connection between themselves. The connection itself is direct and once it's established no traffic flows through our servers.

Hamachi is not just truly peer-to-peer, it is verifiably secure peer-to-peer.

Believe it or not, but we are able to successfully mediate p2p connections in roughly 97% of all cases we dealt with so far (few tens of thousands as of early March). This includes peers sitting behind different firewalls and/or broadband routers (aka NAT devices). It is high-tech and it is really cool

More is coming soon ...
    Right now it's primary use seems to be setting up virtual LAN's and then gaming till sunrise.

The security implications are pretty interesting. Employees tunneling out to their home pcs from work? Any others?

What do you think about it?
    Tachyon

|-----|Alcohol is my anti-drug |-----|

mmmm....Hamachi is good sushi