Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Someone hacked my yahoo account and has my password now??

Someone hacked my yahoo account and has my password now??

I'm assuming that somebody has hacked my account and has "stolen" my password because I couldn't log into my messenger (several times) yesterday.
    Every time when I tried to log in, I got "booted" and the following message appeared:

"You have been signed off because you signed in on a different computer or device."

Anywho, I can log in and use my messenger now.
    What do you guys think?
    Is there any explanation for this other than my concerns that I've been hacked?

and no I never signed in from another computer...only from my pc

yea, the explination is you logged in somewhere and it saved your password becasue you didnt uncheck the option box for that. people who think they are getting hacked are usually self-important *******s who dont realise no one gives a **** about them or the stuff in their email/on their computer etc.

change your password, and forget about it.
    Everyone is going to die, I am just as good of a reason as any.

http://think-smarter.blogspot.com

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    people who think they are getting hacked are usually self-important *******s who dont realise no one gives a **** about them or the stuff in their email/on their computer etc.
    Well.... That's all a bit strong....

I believe you will find that it means he's logged in somewhere else at the same time he is logging in from the computer that gave him this error.....

Yes, it's a dumbass thing to do - forgetting to log out.... but it should go away soon when the session dies..... If it doesn't... then yes.... someone is probably using his account.... which is bad...

To the OP: Be _careful_ about what you do where..... Logging in an a cybercafe PC to see if that "hot chick" has replied to your message and forgetting to log out can mean that the "hot chick" will be fulfilling your current fantasy with someone else tonight......

Actually, she's rather good....
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

people who think they are getting hacked are usually self-important *******s who dont realise no one gives a **** about them or the stuff in their email/on their computer etc.
    OR they are security-minded people who USE paranoia because they DO care and give a **** about their computer/system and KNOW that it doesn't matter if the person knows you or whatever that their system can still be compromised or hacked no matter what? Ever think of that before you decided that he was an idiot? Sorry if I come off like an *******, but what Tiger said is right.. That was a BIT strong.
    Space For Rent.. =]

bullshit, the majority of people who say "omg im getting hacked" are just idiots who think someone actually cares about their email or their computer instead of blaming it on their own mistakes. there is a huge difference between being hacked and downloading some lame virus (this is not being hacked, and not -always- the users fault)

yes you could be "hacked" if you are a no one, but the person doing it is a moron, and its something that could most likley be stopped by a free firewall and anti-virus.

This guy made a simple mistake that is overlooked by a lot of people. The problem will more than likley be solved by a password change and checking his info on the account wasnt changed (alt email/secret quesions). or it is one of his friends who he gave his password/wsa shoulder surfing and they are just dicking around. but to think he is actually being hacked is a rediculous assumption.

Re: Someone hacked my yahoo account and has my password now??

[QUOTE][i] Originally posted
    [B]I'm assuming that somebody has hacked my account and has "stolen" my password because I couldn't log into my messenger (several times) yesterday.
    Every time when I tried to log in, I got "booted" and the following message appeared:

"You have been signed off because you signed in on a different computer or device."

You can receive this message when you have logged into Windows messenger and then try to access MSN Messenger. This may not be an attempt at hacking at all.

Ensure that Windows Messenger is not running then attempt to log in to your MSN Messenger account.

You can receive this message when you have logged into Windows messenger and then try to access MSN Messenger. This may not be an attempt at hacking at all.

Ensure that Windows Messenger is not running then attempt to log in to your MSN Messenger account.
    It wasn't MSN/Windows Messenger. It was Yahoo.

XTC46: Your right to a degree, I just think you were a tad harsh about it. In this particular instance when it comes to a messenger service or an e-mail, you're probably right.
    Space For Rent.. =]

Hi Pootie , and welcome to AO

Am I right in thinking that you meant to say "youare signed in"?

That means that you are still logged in from a different computer, or someone else is using you account.

As suggested, change your password. Also the password reminder stuff......errrrrrr like your mother's maiden name is "George Bush", your favourite animal is the Brasilian Goliath Spider..and so on.

If you are being attacked, just changing your password will not work.........your new password can easily be socially engineered by someone who knows enough about you. These days it is all done automatically by "bots" so you need to lie in answer to these questions......I am sorry, but things really are that bad

Good luck

favourite animal is the Brasilian Goliath Spider
    HEY HOW DID YOU GUESS MY FAVORITE ANIMAL?!!?!?!

OMG HAX!

Ninja Code Monkey
    It's better to use a phrase you can remember for the authentication questions. It's trivial to get files with lists of common names and answers to these questions. "What is your favorite color?" -> "I like blueberry waffles."

Change your password, contact yahoo to change your security question and answer if you need to. Try not to pick anything easy, use numbers and letters. Contact yahoo about it and let their customer support/technical support look into the matter.

And not everyone who goes after nobodies is an idiot...the nobodies have poor security on their boxes for the most part and make good sacrificial goats for doing recon on others or to do actual attacks via proxy. Sounds like someone piddled in your cheerios xtc, attacks on people asking for help isn't needed.
    "When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes." - Erasmus
    "There is no programming language, no matter how structured, that will prevent programmers from writing bad programs." - L. Flon
    "Mischief my ass, you are an unethical moron." - chsh
    Blog of X