Thread: tracking Password without knowing it

Post tracking Password without knowing it

Hi , actually i m new to this security , so if any one could pls tel me how can i get a password when windows starts , i think there is something that u change and u can have the password,,could someone pls let me know..and any other good tricks and tips,,,
    Ciao

No Man\'s Land

hi adnan,

the first thing to start would be searching. Either google or the threads in this forum. See that search forum link?

i'm sure the answers are just round the corner, if you look hard.

Also, take some time out reading the site at http://www.antionline.com/faq/faq.php and also the first five threads entirely known as stickies right here

http://www.antionline.com/forumdispl...?s=&forumid=56

welcome to ao and have a pleasant stay.

cheers
    Hindsight is an exact science.
    MudBubble

Re: tracking Password without knowing it

Originally posted here by mind_man79
    Hi , actually i m new to this security , so if any one could pls tel me how can i get a password when windows starts , i think there is something that u change and u can have the password,,could someone pls let me know..and any other good tricks and tips,,,
    What version of Windows?

hi adnan,

the first thing to start would be searching. Either google or the threads in this forum. See that search forum link?

i'm sure the answers are just round the corner, if you look hard.

Also, take some time out reading the site at http://www.antionline.com/faq/faq.php and also the first five threads entirely known as stickies right here

http://www.antionline.com/forumdisp...&forumid=56

welcome to ao and have a pleasant stay.

cheers
    Quit whining about the damn FAQ.

It was a simple question, and it is most likely a simple answer. I bet that a useful answer to his question has fewer words than your whining.
    Real security doesn't come with an installer.

Re: tracking Password without knowing it

Originally posted here by mind_man79
    If you have access to the computer you don't even need to boot into Windows, just pull out your handy-dandy bootable Linux CD (knoppix-std, preferably), mount the Windows partitions, and then save the Windows password files (eg. SAM), somewhere safe -- probably best if you emailed it to some account. Then you can get on a seperate computer and take your dandy time cracking it with something like John the Ripper (which knoppix-std also comes with).

Another bootable Linux distribution that seems to be specifically aimed for cracking Windows passwords (imagine that!) is Ophcrack. Check it out, it may be of some use to you.
    ...This Space For Rent.

-[WebCarnage]

AOs Resident Troll
    if its 98 ...just hit "cancel"

[WebCarnage] has given you everything you need....hope its a lame password

MLF
    How people treat you is their karma- how you react is yours-Wayne Dyer

I think he wants to know how to enable the password.
    Real security doesn't come with an installer.

Banned
    i find the helix live cd seems to do the trick for me.

download it, burn the ,iso to cd then put the cd in a computer that's already booted into windows, let it load on up.
    Then choose the show psswrd icon and presto you got the answer to your question..

Thanks every1

Hey ,

thanks alot for all ur replies,,
    tc
    Ciao

No Man\'s Land

Scene: Me trying to use a buddies computer; Xp Password is on his account, there is no other account.
    What I did: Went into safe mode, I see the Administrator account and wow it has no password set to it; I create a new account so as not to mess up my buddies account;
    Anyway the morel: When installing an OS use an adminastrative password.