Earth's hotspot!

Thread: Earth's hotspot!

Earth's hotspot!

Have you found your next holiday location yet ... then the next story might get you some idea

Tiny nation aims to be 1st `cyber-island'
    This tropical island off the east coast of Africa is best-known for its white-sand beaches, its designer clothing outlets and its spicy curries.

But tiny Mauritius is about to stake a new claim to fame. By year's end, or soon afterward, it is expected to become the world's first nation with coast-to-coast wireless Internet coverage, the first country to become one big "hot spot."

"If there's anyone who can do it, it's us," said Rizwan Rahim, the head of ADB Networks, the company installing the wireless radio network across the 40-mile-long island. "It's a small place, so for a wireless network it's manageable. For us, it's a test. If it's successful here, we can island-hop to [mainland] Africa."
    Read the complete story HERE

Sun , Sea , Beach and an Island for hotspot ... it gives an all other meaning to the word HotSpot in my opinion

Gr33tz,
    C.
    Back when I was a boy, we carved our own IC's out of wood.

This does come to mind though..
    Practise what you preach.

HEHE,

Yeah and everyone lying on the beach with their laptop ordering cocktails ... fill in the form...

Type of Cocktail : a daiquiri

Method of payment : Charge my VISA

I don't think it wil work like this ... but anyway

Offcourse when everyone is lying on the beach with their laptop IM'ing eachother the fun will be gone I should think.

C.
    Back when I was a boy, we carved our own IC's out of wood.

When I go on vacation... the LAST thing I think about is technology. I go on vacation to ESCAPE my daily routine. I'll bring my laptop... but thats ONLY for transfering PICs off my digital camera to make room for more. Oh, I'll also use it for directions.

Note to self: Bring mobile printer next time. Trying to write down 5 pages of directions on hotel stationary (the small notepads) is a pain in the ass... Either that... or get GPS and appropriate map program for the car.
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.