Running a program called Wintotal (real estate appraisal program) from a computer that is a client/server running win xp pro. One aspect of the program called "contents" which pulls up all forms and is most resource intensive has been getting sluggish over the .past 3 months. on the server/client it opens in 5 seconds, on the clients it takes about 90 seconds......the mapping of drives etc, appears correct, called wintotal techs, they think everything is okay.

So i tried booting into safe mode with networking (on a client) it opens contents in 5 seconds which leads me to believe its an xp process or protocol which is causing the delay.....everything else works as it should in Wintotal and other programs, on network and off.

Any suggestions would be appreciated, when a client calls for information usually the info they need is in contents, and when running a report there are other ways to access the same forms which are faster but its a nusiance that i think can be corrected though its beyond what i know, i have gone through some proccesses and tried disabling firewalls and anti-virus programs too no avail..

thanks for any help you can give or suggestions