Thread: Online buying...........?

the beign of authority kurt_der_koenig's Avatar

Online buying...........?

Hey,

I have a question about online buying? For a mom and pop company, what is the best service to offer your customers the ability to buy something?

Thanks,
    kurt

AO Senior Cow-beller
    VeriSign Online Payment Solutions is what I usually recommend.
    "Data is not necessarily information. Information does not necessarily lead to knowledge. And knowledge is not always sufficient to discover truth and breed wisdom." --Spaf
    Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made president should on no account be allowed to do the job. --Douglas Adams (1952-2001)
    "...people find it far easier to forgive others for being wrong than being right." - Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore

Hey Hey,

I'm a big fan of PayPal's Business Services for Business Transactions... That way you can accept both paypal and credit cards.. They provide quite a few features and a large amount of functionality... and all they charge is 2.5% per transaction, although apparently if you do large numbers of transactions, that number drops...

http://www.paypal.com

Peace,
    HT

AO Senior Cow-beller
    HTRegz makes a good recommendation as well. I also recall seeing a news blurb where Google might be launching a pay-service to compete with PayPal.

I liked VeriSign's offering because it is more of a turn-key solution, depending on what you get. It can include SSL, payment processing, etc. It simply depends on the needs of your particular MomAndPop operation. If they are techincally savvy and don't mind managing the SSL stuff themselves, there are likely even more cost effective solutions out there, but they'd have to do more on their own.

Best of luck.
    "Data is not necessarily information. Information does not necessarily lead to knowledge. And knowledge is not always sufficient to discover truth and breed wisdom." --Spaf
    Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made president should on no account be allowed to do the job. --Douglas Adams (1952-2001)
    "...people find it far easier to forgive others for being wrong than being right." - Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore

the beign of authority kurt_der_koenig's Avatar
    Hey,

Thanks zencoder and HTRegz; have to check these out.

kurt