whitehats.com? (poof!)

Thread: whitehats.com? (poof!)

whitehats.com? (poof!)

Is whitehats.com ever coming back?

The website disappeared while I was offline for a short time, so I am unaware of what happened to the site. But I really liked whitehats.com!

Anyone know?

why is this in IDS & Scanner discussions...shouldnt it be in GCC or something?

Im not familiar with the webpage, so I dont know when or if it is comming back, just trying to let you know you may be posting in the wrong place.
    Everyone is going to die, I am just as good of a reason as any.

http://think-smarter.blogspot.com

Check this one out:

http://www.whitehats.org/

I haven't explored the site yet (I was just passring through AO looking for new post while on break) but that's what Google gave. Would that be the same as the site you're looking for?
    Si vis pacem, para bellum!

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    From the Way Back Machine it would appear that the last page was done Nov. 25, 2004. Perhaps contacting the domain owner would be a better way to find out what's going on:

domain: WHITEHATS.COM
    owner-address: Kimi Networks
    owner-address: 65 Washington Ave Suite 180
    owner-address: Santa Clara, CA 95050
    owner-address: United States of America
    admin-c: MV303-GANDI
    tech-c: MV303-GANDI
    bill-c: MV303-GANDI
    nserver: ns7.gandi.net 217.70.177.44
    nserver: custom2.gandi.net 217.70.179.35
    reg_created: 1998-02-15 00:00:00
    expires: 2006-02-14 00:00:00
    created: 2002-09-26 21:55:29
    changed: 2005-02-15 10:09:32

person: Max Vision
    nic-hdl: MV303-GANDI
    address: 205 Mac Arthur
    address: 94610
    address: Oakland
    address: California
    address: United States of America
    phone: +1 5103930189
    e-mail: vision@whitehats.com
    lastupdated: 2005-04-29 09:40:30
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

Computer Forensics
    Whitehats is kaput. XTC, whitehats was responsible for releasing arachNIDS and Max Vision's IDS sigs, Those rules were later built in to snort default rulesets so this being in IDS is/was extremely relevant.
    Antionline in a nutshell
    \"You\'re putting the fate of the world in the hands of a bunch of idiots I wouldn\'t trust with a potato gun\"

Trust your Technolust

ok, thanks hogfly. Makes perfect sense now
    Everyone is going to die, I am just as good of a reason as any.

http://think-smarter.blogspot.com

You can try this one:

http://www.whoppix.net/phpBB2/

I was directed to it by my practical computer literacy teacher after finding out he also teaches the network security program at my school. I burned the CD off their site, but like Goitz, I haven't gotten around to looking through it. As a matter of fact, I haven't gotten around to checking that CD out, either. As a matter of fact, I think I have to burn it again, cause now that I think of it, I have no idea where I put it
    \"Champagne for my real friends, real pain for my sham friends\"-Ed Norton/25th Hour

AO Senior Cow-beller
    Originally posted here by Goitz
    Check this one out:

http://www.whitehats.org/

I haven't explored the site yet (I was just passring through AO looking for new post while on break) but that's what Google gave. Would that be the same as the site you're looking for?
    I don't think WhiteHats.org and WhiteHats.com bear any relationship, except for the name. This newest listing is, I believe, a small start-up company that specializes in external application testing. We are meeting with them (today, in fact) to go over their capabilties and consider making them a partner in our assessment methodology. I'll ask for details and update this thread when I have an answer.
    "Data is not necessarily information. Information does not necessarily lead to knowledge. And knowledge is not always sufficient to discover truth and breed wisdom." --Spaf
    Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made president should on no account be allowed to do the job. --Douglas Adams (1952-2001)
    "...people find it far easier to forgive others for being wrong than being right." - Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore