Thread: very interesting ideas...

Banned

very interesting ideas...

http://www.grokker.com

http://www.3b.net

remmember cyberspace in neuromancer ...

Nifty sites, that 3B one reminds me of that scene from Hackers wheres he trying to make a copy of the garbage file(or whatever was going on). Wonder if google has a similar concept in beta or pre-beta stages.
    It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenious. - Murphy

I remember hackers... it was entirely symbolic

The garbage file was the swap file, in layman's terms. Either that or a copy of all the unallocated space. I like watching movies like that which try to explain such concepts in a visually appealing, easy to understnad form. It helps me to understand how the rest of the world sees computers.
    Government is like fire - a handy servant, but a dangerous master - George Washington
    Government is not reason, it is not eloquence - it is force. - George Washington.

Join the UnError community!

Originally posted here by SirSub
    Nifty sites, that 3B one reminds me of that scene from Hackers wheres he trying to make a copy of the garbage file(or whatever was going on). Wonder if google has a similar concept in beta or pre-beta stages.
    I was thinking exactly the same thing last night. I ended up aborting my reply though...

This would be most useful for wearable computers using glasses as your display and some sort of motion detecting input device? Hmm wonder if anyone has patents out on that one? Then I can wait till it gets popular and sue for damanges! All right! Err... guess I shouldn't have told you that...

BTW: That 3B looks like the original wolfenstein FULL of ads. I thought I saw a lot of bill boards on the interstate to and from work... Thats nothing compared to this program. You can't visit the sites you want? They are all pre selected?
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

I don't see much point in a 3D GUI. The only advantage that i can see is that it would be more
    visually appealing. Besides who wants to surf the web like playing a game of Quake

cheers

That Yahoo thing is one of the cooler things I have seen in a while.
    West of House
    You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
    There is a small mailbox here.