Thread: Hotmail inbox not opening

Hotmail inbox not opening

I have tried both through MSN Messenger and www.hotmail.com to open my Inbox but either it takes ages to open or does not open at all...all other Inboxs like Gmail and Yahoo open instantly...i have even tried refreshing the pages many times but it does not work.

plz help

ok now there is sth even more interesting...i moved to another comp and hotmail opens just fine...instanly....so is sth wrong with the first comp i used?

Looks like a prob with the computer............do the usual AV and virus /malware scans in SAFE MODE

Where are these computers?.....in a school, library, cyber-cafe?

as a prefix to what nihil said clear all temp folders, cookies, and the prefetch (if its XP). I have seen this in the past where you have to clear the temp files before hotmail lets it work again.
    Duct tape.....A whole lot of Duct Tape
    Spyware/Adaware problem click
    here

what browser are you using? if its not IE try with IE. I have had problems with firefox and hotmail before as well as opera and hotmail, not in a while...but still something to check.
    Everyone is going to die, I am just as good of a reason as any.

http://think-smarter.blogspot.com

Originally posted here by XTC46
    what browser are you using? if its not IE try with IE. I have had problems with firefox and hotmail before as well as opera and hotmail, not in a while...but still something to check.
    Also seen this with IE and any IE based browsers, Firefox and the like could access it fine

Happened on my friends 2k box as well. our companies web mail worked from her PC. Her schools web mail didn't and hotmail didn't. Shes on a cable modem from an ISP. ipconfig /renew sometimes returns error that DHCP server could not be reached. Then I restart and I get a lease. Once the lease indicated 192.168.1.1 gateway and 192.168.1.2 her IP address??? She has no router or NAT. She is connecting directly to the ISPs network.

i am using a ie browser and have deleted all cookies and temp folders and files in comp

i am in cyber cafe amd the connection speed too is quite fast coz the other comp in same cafe opens hotmail instantly...thanx fr the info guyz but its not working still

Hey Hey,

I'm not sure if it's a javascript or an SSL problem but I've seen it happen from incorrect loading of the DLLs related to either of those tasks...

I've attached a text file with a series of commands in it... You can rename it to .bat and run it and it should fix your problem... We've experienced many users with this problem in the past... this fixes the problem for about 95% of them.

Peace,
    HT