Thread: Active Topics?

AO's Resident Redneck The Texan's Avatar

Active Topics?

I have a question about active topics. Ok, you have the "main page" with the most active topics on it, then down near the bottom it says View More Active Topics when you click on that it gives you the same thing! just not in pretty formatting like the "main page" what is the difference between looking at the "main page" and clicking "view active topics"?
    Git R Dun - Ty
    A tribe is wanted

Well if you notice in the "View More Active Topics" it also contains threads that are in forums that are not displayed on the front page such as: "Roll Call" and "AntiOnline's General Chit Chat" ect.

But i dont see why the security threads that are displayed on the front page are also in "View More Active Topics" ?.

I think in the "View More Active Topics" it should only contain threads that are non-security/dont appear on the front page ect.

Did someone said Pizza :) FanacooL's Avatar
    There are two things here: -
    1) The front page or the main page can display limited number of thread and by clicking on view more active topics you can get the complete list of active topics.
    2) You can customize the front page display by clicking on the link in the member fucntion button "Edit Front Page Display"..... so many users might have selected not to show cusmos or tech-humor threads in the main page display but there may be active threads in that forums too so by clicking "view more active topics" one can see other forums active topics too.
    One machine can do the work of fifty ordinary men. No machine can do the work of one extraordinary man!

The main differences seem to be that "active topics" gets refreshed on a daily basis. Also you can go straight to a page or the last post whereas the main page links you to the first page of a thread.

Did someone said Pizza :) FanacooL's Avatar
    nihil

I think you can go to last reply from the main page too :-)

But yes you can select in b/w last and first page from the active topics...
    One machine can do the work of fifty ordinary men. No machine can do the work of one extraordinary man!