intermittant Shutting down

Thread: intermittant Shutting down

intermittant Shutting down

I'm Having Problems with my PC. The screen seems to shut down after a few minutes, sometimes even hours even tho the PC is still getting power to it. The Standby mode and Monitor shut off functions are disabled but it still happens. I was wondering whether is was the power supply shorting out or faulty video card or something? any advise would be great...Thanks
    Knowledge 2 Knowledge - [ n e r d i f i e d ]

so have you tested the Monitor on another PC.. or another monitor on your PC?

what happens?

=================General Comment===================

power supply shorting out
    yeh like BAng ...
    why is every fault a short.. what happened to Longs.. if any only knew that 60% of failures of electrical equipment can be traced back to a Long (Open Circuit)

=================================================

"Consumer technology now exceeds the average persons ability to comprehend how to use it..give up hope of them being able to understand how it works." - Me http://www.cybercrypt.co.nr

Ah! we seem to be having a rash of these?

Undies is spot on as usual

1. Go into BIOS and adjust the power saving settings so the machinbe is always "ON"......no sleep/snooze or any of that.
    2. Go into your startup and cancel anything that you do not really need
    3.Go into your operating system video settings and kill any power saving and screensaver.
    4. Kill any automatic updates or update checks in your operating system and applications.

After that we are left with potential hardware issues, or malware.

Please let us know how you get on

AFLAAACKKK!!
    When it happens you don't have to wait for hours, just do a cold reboot... hold down the power button for about 5 seconds... As for why it's doing it, it could be a number of things... a good place to start is doing what undertaker said... swap the monitors and try the monitor on another computer. And I agree with nihil on numbers 1 and 3.
    I am the uber duck!!1
    Proxy Tools

Ah! we seem to be having a rash of these?
    a Summer kind of thing?.. may have to get some cream from the Pharmacy..

Serious..: Summer projects.. now able to tackle the probs of the past 2 months.. ....
    "Consumer technology now exceeds the average persons ability to comprehend how to use it..give up hope of them being able to understand how it works." - Me http://www.cybercrypt.co.nr

Hi Undies~

I know it is heading into winter for you guys, but this time of the year in the northern hemisphere I tend to think of temperature issues, humidity, and thunderstorms.............it's that season

BTW I ate a 'rooburger last night..............amazing what we are farming these days over here