Thread: Welcome to this new forum!

Welcome to this new forum!

Many members have asked about us having a regulatory compliance forum, and after much discussion, here it is! Thanks to the new mods, thehorse13 and zencoder!!

AO Senior Cow-beller
    Hi everyone.

Just a few quick guidelines to help avoid some confusion for threads in this forum. Keep in mind that the AO community is a global spread community. What is law in your area may be nothing more then mere suggestion or 'good practice' in another. Also, there are a lot of 'compliance' issues that are not legal, but more industry regulations that will affect an organizations liability or certification status.

With these in mind, please make sure that you clearly indicate your locale and what specifically you are discussing; EU privacy concerns, US Sarbanes-Oxley Act, private certifications, etc. It will help the membership recognize what specific concerns may or may not apply to your situation.

Thanks, and enjoy!
    "Data is not necessarily information. Information does not necessarily lead to knowledge. And knowledge is not always sufficient to discover truth and breed wisdom." --Spaf
    Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made president should on no account be allowed to do the job. --Douglas Adams (1952-2001)
    "...people find it far easier to forgive others for being wrong than being right." - Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore

Good improvement step .... looking forward to reading a lot of beneficial threads ... under the supervision of our brand-new mods ... zen and horsy ....

Cheers
    \"The only truly secure system is one that is powered off, cast in a block of concrete and sealed in a lead-lined room with armed guards - and even then I have my doubts\".....Spaf
    Everytime I learn a new thing, I discover how ignorant I am.- ... Black Cluster